The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Shout out to @jalamanta :salute:

I know this is gonna make plenty of you upset, but the Street Fighter series is overrated as fukk. It's only propped up by a couple of you that are really into competing, then the rest of the gaming community just falls in line.

In reality compared to all other fighting franchises, Street fighter changed/improved the least since inception.

Yes the fighting is good and deep, but it's been that way since SF2 and they've done absolutely nothing to evolve the series.

Other games have added dynamic/interactive stages. New techniques/systems. Even new perspectives in some cases. In street fighter V im using Ryu the same way i used him almost 20 years ago:stopitslime:, graphics are no better than 4(especially the backgrounds:scust:) and it's missing features that were standardized a decade ago.

And that's without even talking about how other games have added more in the case of both single and multiplayer modes.

Don't see how Yall shyt on games like COD for offering the same shyt over and over again, while drooling at the mouth for more street fighter.

Game is stale as fukk at this point and SF5 as it is now for $60 is probably the worst value proposition in gaming right now.

Yall should be ashamed of yourselves for stanning this shyt right now :smh:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yea I have to somewhat agree, Capcom puts no effort in creating extra content for the franchise like Mortal Kombat would do for they're fans all they do is scam them and rerelease the same game with 4 new characters and gameplay tweaks
And sheep buy it

I was never hyped for SF5 either it feels like Tekken vs SF

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kind of agree but your saying the series is overrated and i cant subscribe to that all the way. Last gen SF was ass and so was MVC 3 but those were two were stanned to oblivion :scust:

Even when they add wack nikkas like the fat blonde white man or the oiled up wrestler stans didn't even care. I haven't liked a SF game since SF 3, Snk vs Capcom, Capcom vs Snk, and that one on the Wii. But this one is dope because they brought it back to the essence somewhat which is a good thing, but your right about them not taking chances on the movesets. As barebones as 5 is its still better than MK and KI, I'm not a fan on how its being spoon fed to us but I love the gameplay.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I kind of agree but your saying the series is overrated and i cant subscribe to that all the way. Last gen SF was ass and so was MVC 3 but those were two were stanned to oblivion :scust:

Even when they add wack nikkas like the fat blonde white man or the oiled up wrestler stans didn't even care. I haven't liked a SF game since SF 3, Snk vs Capcom, Capcom vs Snk, and that one on the Wii. But this one is dope because they brought it back to the essence somewhat which is a good thing, but your right about them not taking chances on the movesets. As barebones as 5 is its still better than MK and KI, I'm not a fan on how its being spoon fed to us but I love the gameplay.
I'm not saying th gameplay hasn't been good.

It's just that they've done nothing to improve it in 20 years.

New graphics and that's it.

And I gotta disagree. As a non competitive player I've enjoyed KI and MKX much better.

Even payed a couple rounds of DOA 5 recently and enjoyed that more.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man get the fukk outta here :mjlol:

Street Fighter V barely has any SP content(for now) but the damn gameplay and presentation is leagues ahead of MKX. I have both and I never even touched MKX. I can guarantee you that SFV will be played for YEARS meanwhile people aren't even playing MK like that anymore.

SFIV was still being played up until today and that game came out in 2008.

I'm not even a huge SF Fan but SF is the GOAT. Capcom Fighters for the most part>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Man get the fukk outta here :mjlol:

Street Fighter V barely has any SP content(for now) but the damn gameplay and presentation is leagues ahead of MKX. I have both and I never even touched MKX. I can guarantee you that SFV will be played for YEARS meanwhile people aren't even playing MK like that anymore.

SFIV was still being played up until today and that game came out in 2008.

I'm not even a huge SF Fan but SF is the GOAT. Capcom Fighters for the most part>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
What about SF presentation is better?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Meech are you sure you play games? The replay value of street fighter is unquestioned. Like counter strike 1.6 people will still be playing street fighter 2 years from now. Its the chess of video games
Sure enthusiasts will continue to play.

Cod sells millions every year, yet still gets shytted on for being the same shyt every year.