The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
kgchlhg104371.jpg

Never thought about it like that :picard:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
what class you using breh :lupe:
Vanguard :demonic:
:jbhmm:He was not mad at not getting credit he quit because he felt the alliance had ineffectual bureaucracy of the politicians and all the red tape he had to deal with even when was a corsairs which are like alliance version of Spectre and the he reason work for cerberus is because there no red tape when something need to get done it get done Hell he alot like Garrus where as Garrus is a cowboy cop who left C-Sec because he felt their where too many rules stopping him from getting the bad guy .Jacob is a military maverick who left the alliance because he felt the bureaucracy of the politicians got in the way of saving humans lives . also he good at being vanguard class like in mass effect 1 if you want a tank/dps member on your team:obama:
so if red tape is a problem, cerberus? :patrice: he didn't even know what was going on in station he provided security for.

don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently wrong with Jacob. He's just got weak motivations or he's simply 'good' at things whereas other characters are the best or near the top at what they do. Garrus was on the road to being a Spectre and likely would've got it if not for his dad. The show/tell with him was evidenced by the Archangel mission and the responsibilities he was passed in ME3. In ME1, Garrus is constantly riding that edge of "how far should you go?" and your feedback, good or bad, essentially answers those questions for him. Hell, multiple times its stated that Shep is likely holding back Garrus as a leader. Jacob has either a very basic version of those elements or its missing entirely. Garrus is 100% ready to be a goon. Jacob? Idk. Nobody does. :manny:

Corsairs aren't Spectre equivalent either. They're basically sanctioned pirates. In ME1, you run into a warlord who was funded by the Alliance under nearly the same premise - you're there to kill that person under the guise of a negotiation.

Even the stuff with his dad, HE doesn't get his hands dirty tho. Garrus was always down to do dirt. Its the difference of pulling trigger yourself, beating someone yourself, or simply letting the consequences of anothers actions be the deciding factor.

Also, he's a shytty excuse for a vanguard. Even with Barrier, he gets folded up constantly :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black man in space and of course we're dealing with father issues shyt :unimpressed:

annoyed me then, annoys me now

I try not to get overly sensitive about shyt like that, but even when I played this originally, I couldn't fukk with this storyline.

Go all the way out to space to remix the subplot of your run of the mill hood movie, brehs. :unimpressed:

Even worse if you play as FemShep, and are dumb enough to romance that stale ass piece of nine grain toast. :unimpressed:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@42 Monks Alot what said you are looking for about jacob can be find in Mass Effect Galaxy ISO game the plot of the game Jacob Taylor, a biotic soldier, is on vacation aboard the passenger liner Arcturian Jade when the ship is attacked by batarian terrorists. Jacob grabs his assault rifle retained from his former job as an Alliance marine, and a battle begins which will lead him to fight an unknown terrorist threat and Mass Effect: Foundation a comic books series but think you still have problem with him because alot is character development had happen out side of mass effect 2 so he come off as static character in mass effect 2 . also not going to lie my :mjpls: rader did go off with that mission with his dad but when I think about :jbhmm: there not too many playable black male video game characters that people dont think is kinda :mjpls: like Barret from final fantasy 7 , zack from dead or alive , Cole Train from gear of war, balrog from Street Figther.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I chose thane to crawl thru some shyt to open some doors for us since (a) it was regarded as a suicide mission (he dying) and (b) he is great at sneaking around...and I chose miranda to lead the second team despite our differences...here we go

*says a prayer*