The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
The general consensus on most online game discussion is kinda fugazi tho :manny:

The majority of the DLC was for multiplayer because ME3 legitimately ushered in the lootbox/MTX stuff that's everywhere today. It was making ridiculous money. Even then, it was content like map packs and new characters. Apples and oranges. Nothing like a fully voice acted addition to the main game.

Hell, I wouldn't even consider the DLC all the same level of quality/effort/content either. Javik not being in the main game was straight up scummy. Firewalker, Overlord, and Arrival weren't even on the level as Bring Down The Sky in ME1. Awful and like I was saying earlier in here, not only done poorly but without consistency with the game's own story. Arrival was so bad we've got Indoctrination Theory out of it and Overlord was shipped out even though it made no sense. You can't compare those with Leviathan or Omega efforts in development.

And supported for years means it actually kept up community support, online infrastructure, etc. Andromeda, something that actually was DOA, is a much clearer picture of what a dropped product looked like. There was an entire mobile game attached to that.

They can say the ending was wack but its just scapegoating for the rest of the problems. Its always been too easy to blame one thing in our social space and gaming coverage just perpetuates it. They gonna act like the end was bad but not any of the other things that got them there? People who guided production for years? Film/TV productions can't get away with that - but game designers? That's different? :skip:

Cap and they know it. Main thing Bioware did wrong was not break away from projects they were worn out with completely like Bungie did with Halo. Instead of the studio changing directions as a whole, you have a split in development talent that starts as minor rifts and differences and ends in larger, jarring situations with individuals leaving before any cohesion or talent can replace what they brought to the table.

And shyt, if Bioware was gonna die - it'd be dead already. Its 2021 now and the lights still on after Anthem of all games. Maybe folks doin too much.

but for real, cmon man. they got you chasing around a kid in dream sequences, boxing reapers on foot, getting shytty glimpses of the homeworlds you've heard about for years, fighting cyborg ninjas, etc - ending "ruining everything" wholly glosses over so many of ME's other problems that its actually funny to me:russ: there's stuff so ridiculous in this game that EDI doesn't even stand out. That's insane considering where this series started.

ME3 was stupid. Fun as hell. I actually like it more than 2. but a/b/c answer isnt where it all went sideways.

I still don't like ME2 or 3 :russ:

As I'm playing, too many things didn't make sense when you look at the storyline from a distance.

That video @winb83 posted was spot on. ME2 was a mess from the jump.

Killed Shepard to illicit an emotion response from the players, but it was really a poor attempt to retcon some story and world elements.

Bioware is a shadow of what it once was :francis:

They need a decent writing team.

Can't wait to see the mess of Dragon Age 4 :mjlol:

Mass Effect 4 gonna have you kill Ryder from Andromeda to bring the fukkery home :mjlol:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Mass Effect 3's gameplay is substantially better than Andromeda's.

Can't believe I let the internet convince me otherwise. :unimpressed:

Them:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BUT, THE JETPACKS BREH

:mjlol:

I fukking hated that chaotic jump-here-jump-there-zero-control-of-your-squad-mates-horde-mode shyt

Yes, Mass Effect needed to evolve the combat, but, that ain't it chief

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Them:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BUT, THE JETPACKS BREH

I fukking hated that chaotic jump-here-jump-there-zero-control-of-your-squad-mates-horde-mode shyt

I was one of those people:francis:

Hated everything but the gameplay:wow:

I wanted another Mass Effect so bad and I just played ME:A again.

Now I just hate the game and everything it stands for:mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bioware did the same thing for Dragon Age 2 to 3.

They used a DA2 DLC character to be the big bad in 3 :francis:

Too many lead writers left inbetween ME1 and ME2.

Their franchises suffered as a result, dunno if you can ever blame EA for this one.
big ass tangent at this point, but it was definitely a theme with bioware to have weird ass lopsided production then come out of nowhere with DLC after the fact that showed they can nail a smaller, more focused project

DA3's final DLC in particular :francis: it was incredible compared to the rest of what the base game tried to do.
Them:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BUT, THE JETPACKS BREH

zero agency too

"i can switch all my powers on the fly :ooh:" and kill these boring ass fake collectors. the lack of choice friction doesn't seem like a bad thing until you realize you're bored. Outside of killing the giant flying snakes, it ain't fukking with 3.

I'm still :huhldup: :whoa: each time I hear a Banshee in ME3. No matter what. That bytch is too close :huhldup:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I was one of those people:francis:

Hated everything but the gameplay:wow:

I wanted another Mass Effect so bad and I just played ME:A again.

Now I just hate the game and everything it stands for:mjlol:

I get people liking that aspect.

I'm a ME stan, but, if you look at my back and forths with @42 Monks, I don't think it's a perfect game. Even the writing has problems.

I get why Mass Effect LE maybe a bytch to get through in 2021, it sets up so much shyt you are not gonna be appreciate if you only play the 2nd two.

There's not a lot of corridor, cover shooters coming out anymore. But, the trade-off was Fisher Price Mass Effect.

I just hate how milquetoast and sophomoric the damn story and characters are. They really sent a bunch of kids 400 light years away?

Even the "mature" character ends up being a big sister/mother figure. You never feel she respects you as Ryder.

I won't rant, but, I get being thirsty for another ME. :mjcry: I'm trying not to be excited for the next one.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
"i can switch all my powers on the fly :ooh:" and kill these boring ass fake collectors. the lack of choice friction doesn't seem like a bad thing until you realize you're bored. Outside of killing the giant flying snakes, it ain't fukking with 3.

With all the shyt they stole from the trilogy, I forgot the Kett were made from the Angara like the Collectors were made from the Protheans. And it was revealed the SAME WAY (Collectors inside a Collector Ship, Kett inside the Kett ship).

WTF, breh? I remember the marketing saying that Andromeda was made from Mass Effect fans.

:snoop: Good grief that game was bad. Legit a bootleg Mass Effect.

iu

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:mjlol: @ the lesbian serial killer storyline

but hey samara is now loyal so it’s w/e :hubie:

some girl in the club is about to get fukked up...I could’ve helped warn her but was worried about blowing my cover :francis:

I was lowkey hoping you'd post something like "Yo I might try to hook up with this Morinth chick, wish me luck...:lupe:"

:lolbron:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: Bruh you're a savage.

ya it’s fukked up...same with the zaeed mission that I have to sacrifice innocents along the way or just turn a blind eye to their plight but the universe is at stake so I gotta appease my team cuz shyt rest on their shoulders...as much shyt as I talked about the fish man I low key felt bad I couldn’t help him with his son

I was lowkey hoping you'd post something like "Yo I might try to hook up with this Morinth chick, wish me luck...:lupe:"

:lolbron:

if it was an option... :steviej:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
grunt and mordin taken care of :banderas:

only tali left...thing I’ll do the side missions first before taking care of her situation

the grunt mission was interesting...made me like the krogan’s more...wonder how wrex would’ve come into play if he lived...would he have been ruler of that shytty ass planet?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
grunt and mordin taken care of :banderas:

only tali left...thing I’ll do the side missions first before taking care of her situation

the grunt mission was interesting...made me like the krogan’s more...wonder how wrex would’ve come into play if he lived...would he have been ruler of that shytty ass planet?

Yes and that decision has implications in 3 as well. Never had a play through without Wrex but I heard the dude who replaces him is an a$$hole:skip: