The Man's Man Thread

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does it really go against morals or is it the realization you only live once so live it to the limit in whatever you choose to do in life. I just don't agree with your assesment on The whole YOLO thing.

Fair enough. The part that is important is what "you choose to do in life". The way that I interpret the YOLO philosophy when it comes to hip hop is that you should do whatever you want and ignore the consequences because "YOLO". It's coll to do whatever you want and never limit yourself but be accountable too. That is a negative way to look at it but I'm sure that's how many people interpret it.

It also directly contradicts anyone with spiritual beliefs being that this life we live leads to another existance but that's a whole other story.

Daps
this is just the way of american men. overall pretty trashy. i weep at the idea of having a son here. i hear your message op, but you can't save them :to:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Dudes & Kids too emo these days.. I really could care less how you feel and sh!d. Keep that sh!t to yourself.

Not enough ass whippings given. I'm actually starting to see black parents that don't spank their kids :dwillhuh: Simple ass whippings got my mind right as a kid.

But lets keep it real, 90% of these Emo/Homo boys didn't have their Dads around. Its not a coincidence that around the same time we started seeing more single moms that we started seeing more emo/homo kids.

My Dad wasn't perfect, he cheated, drank, smoked, hustled but he never left and he made sure I wasn't invovled in no sucker sh!t. Thats the thing alot dudes don't get, you don't even have to be a great dad, just be there for your sons.

Truth pimp!!

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the majority principle at one point included slavery and open discrimination to people who were not white men. I can't take you seriously any more and the only conclusion i can come up with is that you are scared of being raped.

How do you think something so evil became so accepted. It always starts with a few powerful people with money and influence.

Commons sense shoudl tell you that the average individual did not think something was so evil just off of gp. That is the way society worked back then and they just got in line.

The same thing will happen with homosexuality. I see you are already falling in line. Good for you.

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is just the way of american men. overall pretty trashy. i weep at the idea of having a son here. i hear your message op, but you can't save them :to:

You're right. You can't save them but it is always cool to identify like minded people. :shake:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
YOLO is a terrible meme. It is simply "Carpe Diem" for idiots. People use YOLO to justify all sorts of grimey, underhanded acts (just like their idol Drake).... The 'message' of YOLO is obvious and nothing new. Its application in today's society basically exists for the purpose of trying to downplay shytty behavior.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
How do you think something so evil became so accepted. It always starts with a few powerful people with money and influence.

Commons sense shoudl tell you that the average individual did not think something was so evil just off of gp. That is the way society worked back then and they just got in line.

The same thing will happen with homosexuality. I see you are already falling in line. Good for you.
:wtf:

you really think there will be a nation of homosexuals just running the world. You thinking about homos way to much.

How about we talk about what it takes to be a good father and better our community but no you want to talk about homosexuals.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
My Dad wasn't perfect, he cheated, drank, smoked, hustled but he never left and he made sure I wasn't invovled in no sucker sh!t. Thats the thing alot dudes don't get, you don't even have to be a great dad, just be there for your sons.

exactly. as far as "society" goes, your development takes a hit when you dont have both parental figures. in all cases

it has less to do with society becoming gay oriented or anything else outside that we've accepted dysfunction as the norm

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf:

you really think there will be a nation of homosexuals just running the world. You thinking about homos way to much.

How about we talk about what it takes to be a good father and better our community but no you want to talk about homosexuals.

You are the one that picked the homosexual reference in the first post. Look in the mirror.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are the one that picked the homosexual reference in the first post. Look in the mirror.

Right, that's what I'm sayin. People so quick to run in here and "stand up for homosexuals" they ignore your entire post.

This is why people say there's a gay agenda. Because anytime anyone says anything about gays that's not "gay people are the greatest" you get a bunch of people telling you your wrong and homophobic.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

i also brought up being good fathers and improving the community but you just focused on homo's in my post when you quoted me.

u look in the mirror

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Right, that's what I'm sayin. People so quick to run in here and "stand up for homosexuals" they ignore your entire post.

This is why people say there's a gay agenda. Because anytime anyone says anything about gays that's not "gay people are the greatest" you get a bunch of people telling you your wrong and homophobic.

yall focus on the homos what about the other aspects of being a man?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
yall focus on the homos what about the other aspects of being a man?

In my opinion op was right. We need to stand up and take responsibility for our actions. And quit with this yolo so it doesn't matter shyt.

We also need to take pride in ourselves and our legacies. Making a baby passes on our genes, but unless we equip that baby with the tools he/she needs to be prosperous and successful than we are failing ourselves and our genes.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps

Because I agreed with pretty much everything else.

Being a man is not something that is set in stone, it means a lot of different things to many people. To me it means a few simple things. The ideal man, in my mind:

-Having responsibility for your actions
-Protecting and providing for your family
-Finding a code and a set of values to live by and defending it
-Constantly seek improvement and understanding in all matters
-Recognize true merit no matter where it comes from
-Improve your community whenever possible