Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I was grabbing lunch today and a nikka walks by and does this to me :what:

tumblr_inline_mr7h03bJi11qz4rgp.gif

And then proceeds to follow me into the cafe and grill and harass me. He was cute doe although slightly insane. :ehh:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Thinking about moving from Baytown to Pasadena in the near future.

Erdos

Rookie
Daps
Not sure how to handle this situation :patrice:

Went out saturday with a younger coworker of mine and his friends. Met this chick and we hit it off:takedat: We are supposed to go out tomorrow but I found out that he's been simping on her:beli:. She didn't invite him but I feel he'd be pissed if he found out we chilled without him:patrice:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:ohhh: I must of missed an update, when you scoop this up breh?
Been workin so damn much (by choice) that I don't get on here til the night time.
As some of yall know I was workin at that real estate job for only $13/hr with no raise. Completely unprofessional amateur company.
You might also remember they let me go once they found out I was gonna put my 2 weeks in. I rolled the dice and NEEDED this other job to come thru.
It just so happens another company beat them to the punch. I'm basically a Wolf on Peachtree. Great hours, relaxed office full of (younger) vibrant people with energy and life, base pay and, here's the kicker... high percentage commission. Now I've never worked a commission job but if you have charisma, its where you need to be. Especially if you're a hunter for that paper.
Now I understand why I was never motivated at those other jobs I ever had. I felt like I wasnt working for ME. This is no cap commission with one of the most reputable companies in Atlanta where the clients call you. I dont sell shyt. As much overtime as we want (Office open 8 to 8 mon-sat) so I've been on the grind for this bread. These Top 5 employee bonuses got me salivating.
Especially since...
Someone raised my child support almost double
15gpcur.gif

:stopitslime: Just got a good job, my personal style was on point, finally started to hit the nightlife after almost 2 years, smashed this fine ass PR chick after only a week, had another yellowbone on deck. I felt like shyt was comin together. I'm readin the paper like :why:

Well it just so happens they failed to inform me of the case. So I'm goin to the office on Thursday to give me proof. They said I signed something but all my paperwork is air tight. I have the same paper they have and theres no court case. I'll keep yall posted. :youngsabo:

My ultimate career goal/dream is to become chief of staff to the mayor of Atlanta, governor or President. I'm a huge politics nerd, and I also love management. Someone who I never met before just said to me "I can see you working in the mayors office, you have the look about you" :ohhh:, don't really know what that means, but I do think at some point I need to try and make the transition from corporate America into government. The noise is only going to get louder. /end rant.
You would enjoy House Of Cards on Netflix.

Do you have any connections in the mayors office?
He's my frat brother :ehh:

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure how to handle this situation :patrice:

Went out saturday with a younger coworker of mine and his friends. Met this chick and we hit it off:takedat: We are supposed to go out tomorrow but I found out that he's been simping on her:beli:. She didn't invite him but I feel he'd be pissed if he found out we chilled without him:patrice:
Before the date, ask him what's the deal with her. During the date, ask her what's the deal with him. Depending on what they both say is how you should proceed.

If you don't want to do that at least let him know that's you and he should stop simping for now lol

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
High thoughts:

How am I supposed to explain to my daughter when she gets older that her grandma (on her mom's side) is a crack using bull dyke that can't stay clean?

Kids are perceptive and will figure out on their own. In fact, your kid will probably build a mental file on grandma, repress certain memories and such until a Eureka! moment hits them when they can connect the dots and figure it out.

Should hear back this week on this gig i've been in the hunt for. Hoping I get chose, if not...*sigh*..I don't know what else to do. shyt stressful bruh

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I got an email from the HR contact letting me know there had been some delays but she wanted to know if I was still interested. I was upfront and told her about the promotion here (with out going into specifics about title and salary) and how those changes would make it harder to leave than when we initially spoke. I tried to make it clear I didn't want to play the game for the sake of doing so and I had relationships at I didn't want to step on.

The Director reached out to speak by phone. He understood that there were changes here and that they had a prolonged search process.Basically we ended up that a lateral move for similar money wasn't likely but if the money was better there was some interest. He wanted to at least have the HR rep reach out to see if the number was close and if not no hard feelings and that would be the end of it.

:manny:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got an email from the HR contact letting me know there had been some delays but she wanted to know if I was still interested. I was upfront and told her about the promotion here (with out going into specifics about title and salary) and how those changes would make it harder to leave than when we initially spoke. I tried to make it clear I didn't want to play the game for the sake of doing so and I had relationships at I didn't want to step on.

The Director reached out to speak by phone. He understood that there were changes here and that they had a prolonged search process.Basically we ended up that a lateral move for similar money wasn't likely but if the money was better there was some interest. He wanted to at least have the HR rep reach out to see if the number was close and if not no hard feelings and that would be the end of it.

:manny:

I hope you're a praying man. I have a feeling they are going to toss you some ridiculous high number and I'd go for the money. Say you do it 5-7 years, save and invest like crazy, and come out with a nice ass cushion before you burn out. That should give you the resources, contacts and network to perhaps go out on your own (if that's what you want to do). Having a cushion of money can give you some crazy options at that point. And you're in ATL too :noah:

-------------------------
All the bills due in June are paid. Well the money is in the bank. My budget is super tight and I've been happy how I have been able to make it work.

Last edited:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
@Rawtid question about what you said about having another kid... If you have another kid do you plan on the daddy being in its life?

S/N: i need to visit my parents

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Rawtid question about what you said about having another kid... If you have another kid do you plan on the daddy being in its life?

S/N: i need to visit my parents

Having an IUD is cool because it's not like I can accidentally get pregnant. It would have to be a conscious decision. IF I'm with someone and we decide to have a child together, then that's cool. I'm not going to shut him out or anything like that. But if I'm not with anyone, then I'll to a sperm bank or something :manny: I don't know.