Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel like on some major level social media recognition and the purpose of stunting on those who doubted you or shytted on you is what is driving people to do better (which is sad). If this internet shyt is taken away from us, you have to still live and want to do grand things and have goals. But I don't know why with every other conversation I have with someone who has a following, it comes across that they are doing so much just so they can show it off and portray that they actually have a life even though they are prisoned by social media. You're not really enjoying life if you are always filming yourself at the club, have to take photos of every expensive thing you buy, post up a new guy you've been seeing only for a few days (then yall breakup/fall out) and you delete photos with him (but you put all your followers in your business).
I'll admit. That was my original intention of "making it" and losing weight. I was petty as fukk and wanted every one of the people that I felt abandoned me, to feel absolutely worthless. I wanted them to feel like how I had felt. Every ounce of emotion and pain i had suffered on my own I wanted them to feel. I wanted them to die slowly on the inside and the outside. I was bitter and suicidal. Then after a few years, I stopped caring. I learned to let things go. And stop trying to shyt on everyone. And let them drift off along with the anger. When I let go of my anger I let go of my fears from social media. I'm more reserved. I do a good amount of venting on Snapchat for the hell of it.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I'll admit. That was my original intention of "making it" and losing weight. I was petty as fukk and wanted every one of the people that I felt abandoned me, to feel absolutely worthless. I wanted them to feel like how I had felt. Every ounce of emotion and pain i had suffered on my own I wanted them to feel. I wanted them to die slowly on the inside and the outside. I was bitter and suicidal. Then after a few years, I stopped caring. I learned to let things go. And stop trying to shyt on everyone. And let them drift off along with the anger. When I let go of my anger I let go of my fears from social media. I'm more reserved. I do a good amount of venting on Snapchat for the hell of it.
I can't lie...

If I finally get in shape and become this proper 8 out of 10...I'm gonna be a lil petty

:ld:

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps

It's a common pattern. People losing weight only to show off on instagram. People buying shyt they can't afford only for intagram. People paying for surgery only for instagram. Paying for photoshoots. Doing actual shyt they should want to do just for praise. Fathers taking care of their kids and hoping that their photos/with a faux deep meaning goes viral. People graduating college. Everything is almost a gimmick. Women trying to get pregnant with their friends just to post a cute photo that will go viral.

Prynce

Daps
I wish I was about that life so I could start kicking doors and trapping but I'm too pretty for prison :francis:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
I get it. I want to be a bit arrogant honestly.
Try it, it works. Especially when someone don't expect you to be. You just have to know where to put a lid on it and not be a piece of shyt.

There was a video a few weeks back where Nick Young's friend tried to holla at ole girl and she rejected him. I guarantee if they was alone that shyt would have went differently. You could tell breh was use to the shyt working and shot his shot.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I had a trans girl (she's like 19 now) follow me last year who told me that she wanted to transition because she wanted a body like mine and Sidney Starr and she wanted to be like Amiyah Scott (famous on instagram/twitter). I didn't believe her transition was real at all. She used terms like "tranny" to describe what she wanted to be. She put it in her instagram bio. (like it was just cheesy shyt). She posted pics of her makeup collection, different wigs, all her pics were facetuned and she looked like a boy in a wig. Transition isn't for popularity and it isn't to become a "tranny" :scust: It's a very rare chance you will be one of the girls who looks good. Like 1/15. Otherwise you're gonna be spending $$$$$$. She was likely a gay boy who wanted attention from guys. It's way more than having a body. You can fukking die and get killed. You won't be able to take this shyt off when your body changes. You have to deal with it.

Social media is a fool.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's a common pattern. People losing weight only to show off on instagram. People buying shyt they can't afford only for intagram. People paying for surgery only for instagram. Paying for photoshoots. Doing actual shyt they should want to do just for praise. Fathers taking care of their kids and hoping that their photos/with a faux deep meaning goes viral. People graduating college. Everything is almost a gimmick. Women trying to get pregnant with their friends just to post a cute photo that will go viral.
Guess I'm one of the rare ones then because even when I lost weight I didn't post it on any social media. I can't brag like how people out here like to do it feels weird to me. I rather be appreciative that I did it for myself than for some damn likes. But It crazy how true that last sentence is. So many people I went to school with either are having kids or had kids in HS and the crazy part is they are only between the ages of 18-20 which is my age range. People's priorities are all fukk up :francis:

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
But it works. It creates that impression people are hoping to maintain of themselves. I was and kind of am a novice to Instagram but I didn't notice all the flexing until I started noticing a LOT of deleted posts of a family member. Especially when people are talking shyt. Like hmmm. Ideally it could be a platform of this is the best self you want to be. Or some random shyt you find funny/cute, that's what I post on it for (and to preach a lil bit). To each their own, people go through their own shyt everyday- sometimes encapsulating a good moment/day/outfit helps you push through.
You're right. But there's a very ugly side to that as I explained to Coco.

The more popular you become, the better looking you become, more of your closest family and friends will snake you. You will have so many people around you praying for your downfall, but smiling in your face while you're treating them out. (opportunists). You will have people digging up your past to give the information to gossip instagrams/blogs. You may have your personal life invaded on a site like LSA.

Then you must remember, you lose that weight, you get that surgery and you are the size you want to be, you're gonna have to maintain that or get better. Or people will say you fell off and since you will be a known/famous/public figure, they can make you a meme/hot topic during vulnerable times and shyt on you for falling off. They won't have compassion for whatever you are going through.

shyt is all aesthetics. Even those "deep" PRO Black / Pro Dark Skinned instagrams. It's all aesthetics.

Most people following you will turn on you and will not want the best for you. They are following you for the drama, the fukk ups, the fall offs or when you're really hot.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
I had a trans girl (she's like 19 now) follow me last year who told me that she wanted to transition because she wanted a body like mine and Sidney Starr and she wanted to be like Amiyah Scott (famous on instagram/twitter). I didn't believe her transition was real at all. She used terms like "tranny" to describe what she wanted to be. She put it in her instagram bio. (like it was just cheesy shyt). She posted pics of her makeup collection, different wigs, all her pics were facetuned and she looked like a boy in a wig. Transition isn't for popularity and it isn't to become a "tranny" :scust: It's a very rare chance you will be one of the girls who looks good. Like 1/15. Otherwise you're gonna be spending $$$$$$. She was likely a gay boy who wanted attention from guys. It's way more than having a body. You can fukking die and get killed. You won't be able to take this shyt off when your body changes. You have to deal with it.

Social media is a fool.
I've told you this before.

I find it a big difference between someone who actually grew up a girl and a nikka named Ryan waking up deciding to be Ryanna. Bruce Jenner types need to sit they ass down.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Guess I'm one of the rare ones then because even when I lost weight I didn't post it on any social media. I can't brag like how people out here like to do it feels weird to me. I rather be appreciative that I did it for myself than for some damn likes. But It crazy how true that last sentence is. So many people I went to school with either are having kids or had kids in HS and the crazy part is they are only between the ages of 18-20 which is my age range. People's priorities are all fukk up :francis:
You did it the right way.

All these sites can be gone soon. You're gonna have to live with you and in the body you have.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I've told you this before.

I find it a big difference between someone who actually grew up a girl and a nikka named Ryan waking up deciding to be Ryanna. Bruce Jenner types need to sit they ass down.
and those are the types the media only shows.