Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
:rudy:

Anyways, yeah I got you especially with that whole hood thing. I haven't lived in the hood long but from what I've heard that people who've grown up in them. It's always be on protection mode, always on the look out for trouble, etc. It's very tiring mentally and it's the norm in the hood.
shut up lol

I think it's also who my dad was, who my family was that made shyt even more complex than it could've been.
Both of my mother's brothers were drug dealers, my dad, my dad's cousin, my cousins.
Even when we moved to a better area, I was still brought to the hood.
A lot of things carried on to where I moved.
I lost some innocence pretty young.
I was also told as a toddler how the tooth fairy, Santa, etc were all fake and how my parents were the ones buying everything.
I grew up never believing in that shyt. I remember coming to class and they were celebrating some holiday and I told my classmates how it was all fake and I got in trouble. :mjlol:
I was taught real shyt.
My dad also always told me 'whatever you do or become, be the best at it.' So with that being said, I don't half ass anything. It made me into a perfectionist and it made me tougher.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
shut up lol

I think it's also who my dad was, who my family was that made shyt even more complex than it could've been.
Both of my mother's brothers were drug dealers, my dad, my dad's cousin, my cousins.
Even when we moved to a better area, I was still brought to the hood.
A lot of things carried on to where I moved.
I lost some innocence pretty young.
I was also told as a toddler how the tooth fairy, Santa, etc were all fake and how my parents were the ones buying everything.
I grew up never believing in that shyt. I remember coming to class and they were celebrating some holiday and I told my classmates how it was all fake and I got in trouble. :mjlol:
I was taught real shyt.
My dad also always told me 'whatever you do or become, be the best at it.' So with that being said, I don't half ass anything. It made me into a perfectionist and it made me tougher.
Definitely. LIving in the hood just ain't the environment. It's a mentality, energy, etc. And many children who are raised in the hood do lose their innocence very early. A lot of unsupervised children left around individuals that should NOT be let near children. Drugs, sexual, emotional, mental, physical abuse etc. All rampant.

Do you have any siblings? Has the whole drug dealing thing been passed down?

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Definitely. LIving in the hood just ain't the environment. It's a mentality, energy, etc. And many children who are raised in the hood do lose their innocence very early. A lot of unsupervised children left around individuals that should NOT be let near children. Drugs, sexual, emotional, mental, physical abuse etc. All rampant.

Do you have any siblings? Has the whole drug dealing thing been passed down?
I have two sisters on my father's side. I'm the oldest. His first born who he prayed for. I didn't get a sibling until I was 17 so I grew up the only child.
Nah. I never sold drugs or taken them.
It's probably why I've been sober my whole life.
I've only smoked weed once. I've drunk 2 daiquiris. Never tried cigarettes or cigars. Black n milds. None of that.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I have two sisters on my father's side. I'm the oldest. His first born who he prayed for. I didn't get a sibling until I was 17 so I grew up the only child.
Nah. I never sold drugs or taken them.
It's probably why I've been sober my whole life.
I've only smoked weed once. I've drunk 2 daiquiris. Never tried cigarettes or cigars. Black n milds. None of that.
Oh I see. I figured if you had brothers they'd probably become drug dealers and start gang banging. And maybe you or your sisters would be attracted to drug dealers and gang bangers. Not necessarily the fact that they sell drugs, more so their energy and it being akin to your father's.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Oh I see. I figured if you had brothers they'd probably become drug dealers and start gang banging. And maybe you or your sisters would be attracted to drug dealers and gang bangers. Not necessarily the fact that they sell drugs, more so their energy and it being akin to your father's.
:mjpls: