Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Anyone here drink Arizona's? Them hoes is jumping lol
imgres
Hell yea, for a dollar a pop I get about 4 of them hoes at a time.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I didn't put much thought into it but now that you mentioned it. I do think how I look is partly why I am dominate. @SheWantTheD

I never paid attention to that.
I think it stems from people fawning over you and putting you on a pedestal because of your looks. I've had similar experiences, being seen only for my looks when there is a lot more to me. People assuming I'm dumb or must not be smart because of how I look. It's a very one dimensional way of thinking and I have done it myself too.

Assuming someone must be arrogant because they look good or have big muscles when that could be the complete opposite.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Yes it is! I love math. I want to teach algebra but I don't want to go through the steps to be a teacher.
Why don't you tutor high school or middle school kids? You can do it all by yourself, print flyers, reach out to parents etc. No training needed either, but you will have to od everything yourself ie come up with teaching plans.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I think it stems from people fawning over you and putting you on a pedestal because of your looks. I've had similar experiences, being seen only for my looks when there is a lot more to me. People assuming I'm dumb or must not be smart because of how I look. It's a very one dimensional way of thinking and I have done it myself too.

Assuming someone must be arrogant because they look good or have big muscles when that could be the complete opposite.
Then it's like people always try me because of it so I have to be defensive.
I don't like how the "I'm so pretty and a target" thing comes across,
but I've had a bunch of traumatic experiences solely due to how I look with men and women which have been negative and positive.
There are most def privileges.
I've never had issues with how I look. I've been told/reaffirmed I am beautiful/pretty my whole life.
I have physical traits that men generally like (dangerously, the type of men that I am most attracted to and draw in) and that's why I also don't take most men seriously.
It's constant conflict.
I don't believe in "love" rather than "infatuation" unless it is proven to me through tests I mentally put them through.
I need depth.
I am also from the hood so I have to be on my toes and sharp, defensive.
I also experienced a culture that taught me how to be more snappy, how to analyze and read people. Be viscious.
I am also on surface a woman so I have to protect myself, regardless of my height and whatever imposing myths/stigmas are placed on being tall.
I've been in situations where nikkas have tried to get over on me, like I'm prey.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why don't you tutor high school or middle school kids? You can do it all by yourself, print flyers, reach out to parents etc. No training needed either, but you will have to od everything yourself ie come up with teaching plans.
I've thought about it but thats way too much work for not a lot of money. I'm at a point where I hate corporate America but like it or not, the money is there and I'm not in a position where I want to any pay cuts. I won't hit six figures as a tutor or a teacher. It's something I've thought about doing on the side though but after work I hate doing more work if that makes sense.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I've thought about it but thats way too much work for not a lot of money. I'm at a point where I hate corporate America but like it or not, the money is there and I'm not in a position where I want to any pay cuts. I won't hit six figures as a tutor or a teacher. It's something I've thought about doing on the side though but after work I hate doing more work if that makes sense.
tutors are out here charging a lot.. like 50 bucks an hour.. can't imagine what the rich parents are paying. idk maybe try and create outreach events and programs to reach out to kids in lower income areas and try and get them excited about math, or do it for the ones that already like math. That way you can teach them I guess, still make it about math. It's not necessarily consistent so you don't have to do it everyday.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Then it's like people always try me because of it so I have to be defensive.
I don't like how the "I'm so pretty and a target" thing comes across,
but I've had a bunch of traumatic experiences solely due to how I look with men and women which have been negative and positive.
There are most def privileges.
I've never had issues with how I look. I've been told/reaffirmed I am beautiful/pretty my whole life.
I have physical traits that men generally like (dangerously, the type of men that I am most attracted to and draw in) and that's why I also don't take most men seriously.
It's constant conflict.
I don't believe in "love" rather than "infatuation" unless it is proven to me through tests I mentally put them through.
I need depth.
I am also from the hood so I have to be on my toes and sharp, defensive.
I also experienced a culture that taught me how to be more snappy, how to analyze and read people. Be viscious.
I am also on surface a woman so I have to protect myself, regardless of my height and whatever imposing myths/stigmas are placed on being tall.
I've been in situations where nikkas have tried to get over on me, like I'm prey.
:rudy:

Anyways, yeah I got you especially with that whole hood thing. I haven't lived in the hood long but from what I've heard that people who've grown up in them. It's always be on protection mode, always on the look out for trouble, etc. It's very tiring mentally and it's the norm in the hood.