Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
shyt is getting crazier. I feel desensitized to things. It's not to say I just don't care. I just don't know what to say at times. ::francis:.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Is the Black Church to blame for gentrification?

The gentrification of Harlem, Oakland, Brooklyn, etc. has pushed out congregation members of many historic Black churches.

I read a couple of articles that said Black churches have collected around 420 billion (with a B) dollars in tithes since the 1980s.

How come those churches didn't buy up the land around their church with that money and sell the land to its members? What happened to community reinvestment when it comes to Black churches?

Was gonna make this a thread but it's just a thought for now...

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Is the Black Church to blame for gentrification?

The gentrification of Harlem, Oakland, Brooklyn, etc. has pushed out congregation members of many historic Black churches.

I read a couple of articles that said Black churches have collected around 420 billion (with a B) dollars in tithes since the 1980s.

How come those churches didn't buy up the land around their church with that money and sell the land to its members? What happened to community reinvestment when it comes to Black churches?

Was gonna make this a thread but it's just a thought for now...

The older generation who were church heads never looked that far ahead..or probably didnt care