Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
I've wanted to ask this for some time but haven't for sensitivity reasons, but why is the death of Takeoff getting so much coverage? I'm not saying he's not supposed to be respected, but, for me, seems as though his death is getting more coverage than a lot of other recent deaths; even seems grander than DMX's funeral. Maybe I don't fully know Migos' popularity, so if I'm mistaken, I apologize.
Fair question. The Migos are probably the most popular group in hip hop today. They've also kinda changed the mainstream landscape and were extremely impactful in bringing that Atlanta sound to the forefront so there's that aspect. Also Takeoff was the quietest one in the group and arguably the most talented, definitely the most talented lyrically. So seeing him get killed pretty much accidentally makes his death hurt even more. No disrespect to any other deaths in hip hop by saying this but if a rapper who's promoting street shyt and has beef / street ties etc gets killed we kinda accept that that comes with the lifestyle but with Takeoff he wasn't on any of that. He was just a bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
nikkas need to shut up about Black men eating with PAWGs out here in DENVER.
:francis:

I don't even be seeing black men with women out here and the white women I do see them with are busted as fukk. Meanwhile I stay seeing Black Women here with corny ass crackers.

fukk this...bout to get my passport and just join passport gang cause I'm tired of this hating ass bullshyt. America can suck a dikk with AIDS on the tip.
:martin:
You already know that they'll be fixated on anything and everything any black men does, pretty much you gotta call them out on the bullshyt and others who cosign the fixation.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
RYqpfcq.png

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
You can always come back from this.

You can come back.

You get to come back.

It always doesn't have to be one way.

Everything gets a return.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I just find out the FBI seized the plug z-lib.org last week which had an ass load of books (new and old) for free, but people on Tic Tok blew up the site. :pacspit::snoop:
I was able to download a gang of music books to study with, but I still wanted more books on other topics. Time to find a new plug.:francis:

Tic Tok ruins everything. :hhh:
Snitching, especially dry snitching, is at an all-time high.

ReasonableUniqueEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
I'm terrible at invitin' myself, call me over
Those nights when you need someone else, call me over
You can be the one to take control, call me over
When I get there, you already know, call me :wow:

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I just find out the FBI seized the plug z-lib.org last week which had an ass load of books (new and old) for free, but people on Tic Tok blew up the site. :pacspit::snoop:
I was able to download a gang of music books to study with, but I still wanted more books on other topics. Time to find a new plug.:francis:

Tic Tok ruins everything. :hhh:
Smh that was my plug too..lmk when you find a new one