Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Kids about to be banned from my house. One of these little nikkas gonna hide my girls purse :gucci: so of course she angry wake me up out my sleep :gucci: I know I ain’t touch her shyt, but I help look. I’m mad as fukk now cause she woke me up to look for the shyt :gucci: other little nikka gonna say “woke me out my sleep too” I said I go to work you in this house your sleep isn’t as important as mine :mjtf: come to find out they hid her shyt behind some boxes :mjtf: and you know the little nikka had the nerve to still lie. I’m irritated as hell yo lmao

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kids about to be banned from my house. One of these little nikkas gonna hide my girls purse :gucci: so of course she angry wake me up out my sleep :gucci: I know I ain’t touch her shyt, but I help look. I’m mad as fukk now cause she woke me up to look for the shyt :gucci: other little nikka gonna say “woke me out my sleep too” I said I go to work you in this house your sleep isn’t as important as mine :mjtf: come to find out they hid her shyt behind some boxes :mjtf: and you know the little nikka had the nerve to still lie. I’m irritated as hell yo lmao

Kids stay doing dumb shyt lol

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Bay Area home prices climb on strong demand, low supply
Tight inventory and unstoppable buyers ignoring the economic drag of the Covid pandemic pushed Bay Area median home prices to near-record levels in July.

Median home prices for single family homes in the Bay Area rose 8.6 percent, led by soaring prices in Contra Costa and San Mateo counties. The median sale price for an existing single family home in the nine county region in July was $950,000, according to real estate data firm DQNews, pushing highs not seen since early 2018.

Current market prices have been driven higher by wealthy buyers snapping up more high-end homes, with relatively fewer, lower-priced starter homes selling, agents and economists say.

“It’s just a hot market,” said CoreLogic economist Selma Hepp. Buyers flocked to single family homes, seeking more space. Hepp attributed some of the growth in median prices to a pick up in sales of Bay Area homes going for more than $3 million.

The Bay Area remains one of the strongest real estate markets in the nation, shrugging off economic uncertainty as high-paid tech professionals have benefited from record stock prices and low interest rates. Mortgage rates for a standard, 30-year home loan have sunk below 3 percent, according to Freddie Mac, giving buyers extra purchasing power.

The virus depressed overall Bay Area transactions in the spring with fewer sellers willing to risk home tours. But buyers looking to the suburbs were aggressive shoppers in July, bidding up prices on the Peninsula and in the East Bay.

Year-over-year prices surged in July, according to DQNews and CoreLogic data from Bay Area counties: median sale prices for resale homes jumped 16.7 percent to $735,000 in Contra Costa, 10.3 percent to $1.6 million in San Mateo, 8.2 percent to $973,500 in Alameda, 5.7 percent to $1.3 million in Santa Clara, and 2.7 percent to $1.59 million in San Francisco.

Suburban and rural Bay Area enclaves also saw dramatic growth from the previous July. Single family home prices jumped 25 percent in Marin County to $1.5 million, rose 15 percent in Sonoma County to $690,000, and increased 11.3 percent to $735,000 in Napa County.

Condo sales even rebounded, with the Bay Area median sale price climbing 8.3 percent from the previous July to $725,000.

Home-buying restrictions enacted in March eliminated open houses and limited the number of prospective buyers in a home, helping to lower sales in the traditional spring buying season. Buyers appeared to postpone purchases into the summer — with Bay Area home sales in July climbing 10 percent from the previous year. “Spring demand has shifted to the summer,” Hepp said.

Agents say buyers are looking for more room — extra bedrooms, yards and personal space as work-from-home becomes the norm for Bay Area professionals. Pools are becoming popular with families.

East Bay agent Matt Rubenstein said he’s seen professional couples looking to move from San Francisco to the East Bay for the added space. Walnut Creek and Pleasanton have drawn tech workers and super-charged the housing market.

Aggressive buyers are bidding up prices, waiving contingencies and making preemptive offers. Rubenstein said that’s unusual in Contra Costa County. “I’ve seen some ridiculous offers,” he said.

Cupertino agent Alan Wang also has noticed growing demand for East Bay communities. He’s seen homes in Pleasanton and Dublin book eight showings an hour for starter homes listed for around $1.3 million. “It’s been extremely busy,” Wang said. “You would have thought it would have slowed down.”

The shoppers are overwhelmingly tech professionals with two-income families. “Tech is one of those unique industries,” Wang said. “It’s a little strange, for sure.”

Caroline Dinsmore, an agent in Burlingame, sees three major drivers in the market: people leaving San Francisco for more space; retirees deciding to leave for safer, rural retreats; and families looking to upgrade.

The common thread, she said, is “people wanting more space.”

I thought the prices were dropping?

@Stir Fry I thought I was gonna get a crib in your neighborhood :francis:

Year-over-year prices surged in July, according to DQNews and CoreLogic data from Bay Area counties: median sale prices for resale homes jumped 16.7 percent to $735,000 in Contra Costa, 10.3 percent to $1.6 million in San Mateo, 8.2 percent to $973,500 in Alameda, 5.7 percent to $1.3 million in Santa Clara, and 2.7 percent to $1.59 million in San Francisco.

Suburban and rural Bay Area enclaves also saw dramatic growth from the previous July. Single family home prices jumped 25 percent in Marin County to $1.5 million, rose 15 percent in Sonoma County to $690,000, and increased 11.3 percent to $735,000 in Napa County.

Condo sales even rebounded, with the Bay Area median sale price climbing 8.3 percent from the previous July to $725,000.

Home-buying restrictions enacted in March eliminated open houses and limited the number of prospective buyers in a home, helping to lower sales in the traditional spring buying season. Buyers appeared to postpone purchases into the summer — with Bay Area home sales in July climbing 10 percent from the previous year. “Spring demand has shifted to the summer,” Hepp said.

Agents say buyers are looking for more room — extra bedrooms, yards and personal space as work-from-home becomes the norm for Bay Area professionals. Pools are becoming popular with families.

East Bay agent Matt Rubenstein said he’s seen professional couples looking to move from San Francisco to the East Bay for the added space. Walnut Creek and Pleasanton have drawn tech workers and super-charged the housing market.

Aggressive buyers are bidding up prices, waiving contingencies and making preemptive offers. Rubenstein said that’s unusual in Contra Costa County. “I’ve seen some ridiculous offers,” he said.

Cupertino agent Alan Wang also has noticed growing demand for East Bay communities. He’s seen homes in Pleasanton and Dublin book eight showings an hour for starter homes listed for around $1.3 million. “It’s been extremely busy,” Wang said. “You would have thought it would have slowed down.”

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That Zensation salad from Zaxbys with the little egg roll is delicious:ohhh:

I wasn’t expecting it to be that tasty:ehh: