Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Potential Payment Errors Made by Veteran Readiness and Employment Service
07/20/2020 08:00 PM EDT

The VA Office of Inspector General (OIG) issued a management advisory memorandum to the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) to request VBA examine a relatively small number of apparent overpayments by the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program. The payments made to schools covered veterans’ tuition. The OIG analyzed the data on 1.8 million payments and determined that the program potentially made 360 errors from January 1, 2014, through December 30, 2019, totaling $554,998 in overpayments. The potential overpayments ranged from $18 to $237,762 and averaged $1,542. The OIG in alerting VBA did not determine if the program corrected or recovered the overpayments. The errors appeared to have resulted from program staff transposing numbers or adding one or more digits to the invoice amounts: • In February 2018, a program participant was invoiced $3,614 by a university in California, but program staff paid the university $6,314. Staff apparently transposed the three and the six in the invoice amount when entering it into the system for payment. • In October 2017, a program participant was invoiced $4,495 from another university in California, but program staff paid the university $44,950. Staff apparently added a zero to the invoice amount when entering it into the system. • In July 2016, a program participant was invoiced $238 from a Missouri university, but program staff paid the university $238,000. Staff apparently added three zeros to the invoice amount when entering it into the system. Due to the small percentage of errors, the OIG did not initiate an audit or investigation. However, it provided the potential errors to VBA to allow it to investigate and take actions when appropriate to recover any overpayments. The OIG asked VBA to provide updates for any actions it takes on the potential errors and the outcome of the actions.

:mjlol:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I mentioned on here that my nephew is a neglectful dog owner. These last few days I knew his dog was gonna die, the once excitable pup frozen in the same position making no noise and not eating just wagging her tail. I'm not an animal/dog person I fed them out of simple decency, they didn't ask to be there. I've never liked this dog (SOSA) it always hopped around and would be so excited she would knock the bowl of food out of my hand but still and I don't know why, I am devastated as if I loved the pup.

I jumped through many hoops today to reach my nephew who refuses to own a phone, calling his bitter baby mothers to find out if he was there shacked up but it probably doesn't matter anyway cause his reaction will be akin to dropping 5 dollars in a parking lot. The hardest part was taking off its collar and that dreaded leash almost like saying you're finally free but you're dead now so what good does that do?

Edit/He came and got his dog body. I'm glad he didn't bother trying to talk to me. He waited until the dog was stone cold dead to show and I know which trash bytch (whom I called that played dumb) he was laid up with because I saw the car he pulled up in.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I mentioned on here that my nephew is a neglectful dog owner. These last few days I knew his dog was gonna die, the once excitable pup frozen in the same position making no noise and not eating just wagging her tail. I'm not an animal/dog person I fed them out of simple decency, they didn't ask to be there. I've never liked this dog (SOSA) it always hopped around and would be so excited she would knock the bowl of food out of my hand but still and I don't know why, I am devastated as if I loved the pup.

I jumped through many hoops today to reach my nephew who refuses to own a phone, calling his bitter baby mothers to find out if he was there shacked up but it probably doesn't matter anyway cause his reaction will be akin to dropping 5 dollars in a parking lot. The hardest part was taking off its collar and that dreaded leash almost like saying you're finally free but you're dead now so what good does that do?

:mjcry:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was doing another solo hiker walk today and guess who I see...... :ohhh:

A turtle... a real turtle walking his way home from work. they was black, grey, and yellow. Hard rock turtle shell. Yo.... they were chill as hell too. We had a steer off but it was all love though. Little man went on his way as slow as he went and I went on mine. Hopefully I see him again tomorrow.