Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Daps
I had $94 worth of stuff in my Amazon cart, applied for their credit card, got the instant approval, plus a $60 gift card, which brought my total down to $34.

:mjlit:

I’m paying it off as soon as the statement drops, and never using it again!

:blessed:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had $94 worth of stuff in my Amazon cart, applied for their credit card, got the instant approval, plus a $60 gift card, which brought my total down to $34.

Lol so you opened up a new line of credit to save $60 one time? Inquiries and utilization impact your overall score. Just be mindful doing that too much.

Daps
Lol so you opened up a new line of credit to save $60 one time? Inquiries and utilization impact your overall score.

That inquiry will only drop one point. And the limit is $2100, so even for that first report, it will be fine.

I used to follow a lot of travel bloggers who recommended the cards for earning miles, and they said to apply for multiple cards on the same day to avoid the inquiries affecting your chance of approval. Credit cards can be useful if you are responsible and pay them off.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That inquiry will only drop one point. And the limit is $2100, so even for that first report, it will be fine.

I used to follow a lot of travel bloggers who recommended the cards for earning miles, and they said to apply for multiple cards on the same day to avoid the inquiries affecting your chance of approval. Credit cards can be useful if you are responsible and pay them off.

I completely agree with the bold. I was mainly talking about opening new cards just for one time advantages. Next thing you know its a shyt load of open credit lines with no utilization, that doesn't make sense to me.

Daps
I completely agree with the bold. I was mainly talking about opening new cards just for one time advantages. Next thing you know its a shyt load of open credit lines with no utilization, that doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah I know. I got into that trap in the past opening store cards, which are the WORST

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Unsolicited stroke video sender tried to video chat me on ig, I never responded to or accepted his first message

I use it for gas double points and 3% back on Amazon purchases. It's fine.

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
i be a smart ass mf when i'm not crippled with sadness :sas1:
got a few jokes on my belt too :sas2:

this has been my more even-keened, stable weeks that I've had in the last few months. Hopefully the waitlist for resources isn't too long. I want my personality to stick around more often

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago