Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
xvACHjG.gif

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
I'm just tryna make sure I'm not owned by the time I'm worth some money ....:wow:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It's not an injury per se.... I haven't been back in the gym long but I've been faithful to 3 times a week, going on 4, and I already snapped my shoulder up again, but that's minor. This bicep tightness during t-bar and pull downs is fukking me up.

@Spliff get yo ass in here.

Either (1) you're not pulling with your back muscles, (2) your grip is too narrow, forcing exaggerated amount of bicep involvement, or (3) your programming is poor, impairing recovery.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Either (1) you're not pulling with your back muscles, (2) your grip is too narrow, forcing exaggerated amount of bicep involvement, or (3) your programming is poor, impairing recovery.
1. Ive discovered that today. I wasn't "activating" my back. I was literally pulling with biceps, finishing with back. Might be why after the first week, I didn't "feel" much in my back after back movements.
2. Noted.
3. Possibly. Doing 5x5(my own full-body program while I get back acclimated) 3 times a week. Seen gains in the month and a half ive been back, but bicep tendon tightness is a bytch. I literally have to stop those movements for 5 minutes.

Would get video of my form but thats not how its done in Harlem:dame:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
1. Ive discovered that today. I wasn't "activating" my back. I was literally pulling with biceps, finishing with back. Might be why after the first week, I didn't "feel" much in my back after back movements.
2. Noted.
3. Possibly. Doing 5x5(my own full-body program while I get back acclimated) 3 times a week. Seen gains in the month and a half ive been back, but bicep tendon tightness is a bytch. I literally have to stop those movements for 5 minutes.

Would get video of my form but thats not how its done in Harlem:dame:

1) Yea just make sure to initiate the pulling movements with your shoulder blades, using cues like this for vertical pulls:

...and similar for horizontal pulls. Doesn't have to be that robotic. Athlene-X also has a good demonstrations somewhere buried on his channel, but good luck finding it.

3) How different is your 5x5 from programs like Stronglifts and Start Strength?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3) How different is your 5x5 from programs like Stronglifts and Start Strength?
Just different lifts going probably 60% of my max, 10 second rest between sets, 2 minutes between exercises. For example today was:
Front Squat
Back Squat
Rack Pulls
Pushups
Bench Press
Close grip bench press(No sets, to failure)
Lat Pull Down
T Bar row
Good Mornings
Bullshyt dumbell curls (No sets, to failure)

Basically getting my work capacity up, and as long as I eat and sleep, I'm good to go and my numbers are going up. Problem is, it took a couple weeks to truly figure out how to get the bench to hit chest harder than front delts and tris, but back is fukked up cause
I have to concentrate hard as hell to activate my back. And I do everything with strict form, no momentum, slow and controlled, so my biceps SCREAM after the first back excercise:sadcam:My form is fukkED up.