Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Prynce

Daps
A Psalm of Life
BY HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW

What The Heart Of The Young Man Said To The Psalmist.

Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
And things are not what they seem.

Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art, to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul.

Not enjoyment, and not sorrow,
Is our destined end or way;
But to act, that each to-morrow
Find us farther than to-day.

Art is long, and Time is fleeting,
And our hearts, though stout and brave,
Still, like muffled drums, are beating
Funeral marches to the grave.

In the world’s broad field of battle,
In the bivouac of Life,
Be not like dumb, driven cattle!
Be a hero in the strife!

Trust no Future, howe’er pleasant!
Let the dead Past bury its dead!
Act,— act in the living Present!
Heart within, and God o’erhead!

Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time;

Footprints, that perhaps another,
Sailing o’er life’s solemn main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
Seeing, shall take heart again.

Let us, then, be up and doing,
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm thoroughly defeated, if I didn't have nuclear fam, I woulda done been offed myself tbh, but I don't have to put them through that.
Seems like the walls steady caving in tho :mjcry:

:hug: it gets better, I promise. Just hold on, one day at a time.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
Long story short: I woke up feeling thankful to be in the position I'm in, I feel loved and capable of giving love and that's a damn good feeling. The best I've felt in this life. I don't feel this way because of an accomplishment. I feel this way because I studied the soul, got in tune with my higher self and inner child, and from being brave. God is motherfukking outstanding and I mean that shyt. I've been to hell and I walked through it towards God. I didn't believe in God or myself while living in hell and God still brought me home. That's why my God is a motherfukking G. When I couldn't see hope God let me see through his eyes. When I I had no love to give and received none God opened my heart and loved me.

Again, I did not believe in God and God still believed in me. I didn't get lucky, I'm not a genius, or anything special. Yeah I work hard, but it takes a lot more than hard work and good luck to not die out here. I tried everything. Reading the bible, learning about spirituality helped the most. I didn't have a family when I started my life and now a nikka is on the way to starting his own. That's fukking beautiful.

It pisses me off when people who had a good start in life complain about their lives. They don't know how lucky they are to have parents that love them, a family that supports them, and a network to take advantage of. Having people to love is special too.

I have to love myself and I have to love ideas.

Last edited:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Long story short: I woke up feeling thankful to be in the position I'm in, I feel loved and capable of giving long and that's a damn good feeling. The best I've felt in this life. I don't feel this way because of an accomplishment. I feel this way because I studied the soul, got in tune with my higher self and inner child, and being brave. God is motherfukking outstanding and I mean that shyt. I've been to hell and I walked through it towards God. I didn't believe in God or myself while living hell and God still brought me home. That's why my God is a motherfukking G. When I couldn't see hope God let me see through his eyes. When I I had no love to give and received none God opened my heart and loved me.

Again, I did not believe in God and God still believed in me. I didn't get lucky, I'm not a genius, or anything special. Yeah I work hard, but it takes a lot more than hard work and good luck to not die out here. I tried everything. Reading the bible, learning about spirituality, and I didn't even have a family when I started my life and now a nikka is on his way to starting my own. That's fukking beautiful.

It pisses me off when people who had a good start in life complain about their lives. They don't know how lucky they are to have parents that love them, a family that supports them, and a network to take advantage of. Having people to love is special too.

I have to love myself and I have to love ideas.
All fax

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Drank an entire bottle of Chardonnay last night, a cup of coffee on my way to work this morning, and a bottle of vitamin water when I got to work.

Had to use the bathroom at work:hhh:

I feel better now, better now. Good thing females were not around, not around

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
Thank you and forgive my grammar. I was feeling inspired and forgot to proof read my post. I fell asleep and woke up feeling love and gratitude. I fell asleep watching YT videos about metaphysics and melanin. I woke up because I realized something while dreaming. I realized God is real because even those without love feel love. Who gives them that love? Gotta be God. People feel hope even when there's no hope. Even non believers get to benefit from God's love(or god is love)and that's a beautiful idea.

I'm not a religious guy but I can't deny divine intervention in my life.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Thanks to Florence I was able to go in and out of the DMV. I was worried about the line especially around this time :sadcam::blessed:

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Some girls be trying so hard to curve somebody, breh. They just wanna go above and be extra. I'm in class and the professor is telling us about this assignment we have to do. So i start asking peeps for their social medias to keep connected and share info and what not. So i'm asking the ppl in my row for snapchats/instagrams and shyt, then i get to this girl and i ask whats her IG

Her: Oh i don't have instagram:shaq2:
Me; Oh ok. Got a snapchat then?:ehh: (mind you i know she has one because she's always on it instead of paying attention in class:heh:)

Her: i don't have snapchat either :shaq2:

Me: aren't you always on it?:Forwhat:

Her: oh i don't be doing nothing on there. I'm boring on there:shaq2:

Me: lol ight it ain't that deep. Just say you don't wanna add me :hubie:

So class is over, and of course her ass wasn't paying attention to shyt the professor said, so she ask me after class

Her: "Wait. so the professor ain't gonna be here next week? How we gonna submit our work?:ohhh::sadcam:
Her: do we send it to her or something?:sadcam::sadcam:

Me: Oh i don't know. I heard just as much as you did:yeshrug: (knowing damn well i heard everything :heh:)

Me: maybe you should ask the professor :smugfavre:

Her: fukk that bytch, i ain't asking her shyt :Armfold: (she mad at her cause she keep giving her low grades and she can't understand why:heh:)

Me: damn that's tough :Tulupe:

Curve yourself out of a grade, brehttes :heh:

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: :whoa: you mean @Spliff, he's the physical therapist.....

I never get injured so i can't help wit that :scheme:
It's not an injury per se.... I haven't been back in the gym long but I've been faithful to 3 times a week, going on 4, and I already snapped my shoulder up again, but that's minor. This bicep tightness during t-bar and pull downs is fukking me up.

@Spliff get yo ass in here.