-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Give me some white boy
Uptempo
Music I should check out brah

Like Bastille brah
I'm sorry breh I really didn't even know what uptempo is until I looked up Bastille. I'm more classic/alt/grunge/progressive rock when it comes to cac music. If you're into that I'm always happy to help. But the only uptempo song I even know apparently is Bastille Pompeii

Daps
@MoonGoddess
hey-boo.jpg

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
You might be wondering how Texas got these books in the first place, so here's a quick history lesson:

In 2010 the Texas State Board of Education adopted new, more conservative learning standards.

Among the changes — how to teach the cause of the Civil War.

One side of the debate: Republican board member Patricia Hardy said, "States' rights were the real issues behind the Civil War. Slavery was an after issue."

On the other side: Lawrence Allen, a Democrat on the board: "Slavery and states' rights."

Ultimately the state voted to soften slavery's role, among other controversial decisions, and these standards became the outline for publishers to sell books to the Texas market — the second-largest in the country.

The final materials were approved last fall after the state board did some examination and said the books get the job done.

Brian Belardi from McGraw-Hill Education, the publisher of some of the new material, agrees. "The history of the Civil War is complex and our textbook accurately presents the causes and events," he said, adding that the Texas books will not be used for the company's clients in other states.

History professor Edward Countryman isn't so sure the materials do a good job.

"What bothered me is the huge disconnect between all that we've learned and what tends to go into the standard story as textbooks tell it," says Countryman, who teaches at Southern Methodist University near Dallas and reviewed some of the new books.

He thinks the books should include more about slavery and race throughout U.S. history.

"It's kind of like teaching physics and stopping at Newton without bringing in Einstein, and that sort of thing," he says.

"The history of the United States is full of the good, the bad and the ugly, and often at the same time," says Donna Bahorich, the current chairwoman of the Texas Board of Education.

While she admits the state standards didn't specifically mention important things like Jim Crow laws, she says she's confident students will still get the full picture of history if teachers, and the new books, fill in the blanks.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Time goes by wayyy too fast :mindblown:

It's legit stressing me out cause I feel like summer came in went... now a month of the fall semester has gone by and Ive barely noticed.

Like people say time flies as you get older, but this is some other shyt. Feel like Im on a spiritual plane and It's getting harder and harder for me to touch down. Cause the time I spend with other people hardly ever compares to the time I spend listening to music.

At least Im happy.. But its frightening... Like Imma blink and next thing you know 3 years gone by:dame:

Last edited:

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I want more NOW. And I want the people around me to have more. Best week of my life, and still not satisfied. Man, patience and tolerance are not my strong points. Really need to slow down, and allow people to guide me. Allow some quiet time for the gratitude and hope to be internalized.

Have a lot to learn. I've experienced some shyt, but haven't experienced too much. Prayer works, and sometimes the best thing I can do is pray for others and stay focused. I know i need mroe prayer for myself. Life is great, but I'm not okay.

Last edited:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watching MissAlice_94 on MFC right now :wow:This sexy fukking lingerie she got on. Top 3 body I have ever seen.

:francis:Im watching this, the martin marathon, and working out. Ain't even fappin.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People be on some spiteful shyt on the coli sometimes like the shyt is the internet ain't no reason to hold malice in ya heart for all lat ... :why:
Yup, as much as people want to make the internet and irl two different worlds that ish is entangled tightly. But one of them you can walk away from and it wont matter anymore for the most part.

Daps
Reppin
StoicPhilosphers
Although I say taking selfies is soft nikka sh!t but please have a good one at hand....broad last night said send me a pic n took a quick one n guess I was looking rough that she didn't reply for me to come to her hotel :mjlol:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Although I say taking selfies is soft nikka sh!t but please have a good one at hand....broad last night said send me a pic n took a quick one n guess I was looking rough that she didn't reply for me to come to her hotel :mjlol:

i dont even take pics like that..im like see me in person..

unless they arent in my area and i havent seen them in a bit