Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

Sometimes you just stop and think "I got a college degree to deal with these idiots?" :mindblown:
I only have an AA, but I figure that a degree should be based on gaining more knowledge, not money. If you want to get more well that's a different story. You have to move different. And there's idiots everywhere you know that!

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've had some people tell me that being autistic must be tiring because you can't switch it off. And yeah, it's true, I can't switch it off, it's always there and I'll always have it.

That's not the tiring bit.

The tiring bit is trying to fit in just to have peace. Not being able to stim, or hum, or talk to myself without seeming like a crazy person, having to dress uncomfortably knowing my skin is mad sensitive and everything is aggravating. Basically, being autistic isn't tiring. Pretending to be normal is tiring :russ:

ive done shyt like say some of my thoughts out loud only to have someone glare at me in confusion.
autism is like wearing the glasses in the movie "They Live" or having duct tape around your mouth at times from the social problems i used to have. im sensitive to light and most of the time looking someone in the eye feels like getting shocked with 1000 volts of electricity. it used to suck in high school having social problems and not understanding what people expected of me and hardly understanding dating. i was never able to sustain a long relationship because i was too simple i guess. i never understood the inner workings and expectations in dating. i was just simple. i just showed love till i got bored or they did and that was that.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
ive done shyt like say some of my thoughts out loud only to have someone glare at me in confusion.
autism is like wearing the glasses in the movie "They Live" or having duct tape around your mouth at times from the social problems i used to have. im sensitive to light and most of the time looking someone in the eye feels like getting shocked with 1000 volts of electricity. it used to suck in high school having social problems and not understanding what people expected of me and hardly understanding dating. i was never able to sustain a long relationship because i was too simple i guess. i never understood the inner workings and expectations in dating. i was just simple. i just showed love till i got bored or they did and that was that.
Yeah, I've had the same too when I've said something plain out of my thoughts.

I've never even been in a relationship, so I don't even know for sure how I'd fare. I can make an educated guess but that would be it! Not understanding social expectations became less of a problem once I made a super effort to actually deal with it, and that was jarring for a bit.

I so feel you on the eye contact thing aswell - it took me many years to get used to doing it, especially with women. I'm not as sensitive to light, but I have acute sensitivity to sound and I find it difficult to filter noise. I'm extremely sensitive to touch, to the point where clothes are uncomfortable. Light touch is either incredibly aggravating and ticklish beyond belief, or (in the case of girls) uncontrollably arousing. I think the sensory issues is probably the most annoying thing about autism.