Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
After buying my own dry aged steaks, seasoning them the way I wanted, and cooking them under the broiler...I may never buy another restaurant steak again.

My next buy will be a sous vide and searzall. :noah:

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Watching some Pan-Am Games and out of all sports, race walking might be the most ridiculous of them all :heh: But it got me thinking, where does one even start or go to compete. :lupe: This might be my shot at Olympic glory brehs :mjlol::blessed:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Last day of vacay before I head back to work. It was good while it lasted.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished 2 books this week.

The general in his labyrinth.
-I'm satisfied, difficult read but it was good and gave me an introductory historical background on the liberation of south america.

Confessions of a yakuza
-I liked this as well, it dragged on but it was an easy read. You see yakuza and you think like some kill bill ren o ishi type of stuff, but it really wasn't like that back in the day. It's about a doctor who meets a dying patient who happened to be an old yakuza member who is near death. And its non fiction, and the dialogue and the story being told are the actual conversations they held.
Anyway, the yakuza focused mainly on gambling and they did their best to help the community. The old man eishi comes from a middle class family, goes to Tokyo to work for an uncle in search of an older girl that he slept with. From there he goes through the necessary steps to turn him from a boy to a man while dealing with Japans external conflicts like WW2