Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Attraction is weird. I was thinking about it yesterday. I notice someone looking at me, I like it, because it let's me know that they're attracted to me. Even if its a person I'm not attracted to. Now to be a bit deeper. If someone looks at us, and is attracted to us then that tells us that we're attractive. The feeling of our reflection being hosted by someone's glare is more empowering than what the person who's glaring has to offer at the moment. But the weird thing is that, a reflection of our beauty hosted by another is easier to look at than ourselves in the mirror. Why is that?

I was told the story of Narcissus by one of my professors. He was a man in Greece who was lured to a lake, in love with himself he drowned by gazing at his reflection in the lake.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Went to this black owned restaurant. The owner, older blk lady was entertaining the shyt out this white man in there but didn't even acknowledge my presence. No hello, thank you, have a nice day, nothing:patrice:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Still salty i lost my pops wedding band (it was an old one)... Had so much fun rocking that last summer :mjcry:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Went to this black owned restaurant. The owner, older blk lady was entertaining the shyt out this white man in there but didn't even acknowledge my presence. No hello, thank you, have a nice day, nothing:patrice:
:laugh: the older blacks are like that. My dad does that shyt from time to time, it annoys the hell out of me. He will chop it up with white strangers with no problem, but he quick to give niccas the :camby:lol

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
My frat brother was talkin about this with a 40ish Black business owner and his wife.

We were talking about supporting Black businesses but objectively speaking, sometimes we do some shyt half assed and will put the white dollar on a pedestal. Damn shame.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
So I tried hooking up with my first foreign bytch tonight, and made too many appeals to my own culture. She's western and liked the looks, but still...................... I wasn't hitting all the points mentally

Fill me in on the game brehs :feedme:
Let her do most of the talking....learn where she is from, family size, line of work, music tastes, travel history...etc.