Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I'm not going back to school until someone pays for it, for real. I can't do the student loan thing again. I like my company but I think my next move before i leave corporate America for good is a company with that ill Tuition reimbursement.

Yeah my job offers up to 5G a year plus books, but the classss have to deal with your job. I've used them before for a calculus class..

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No degree( just IT certs ). You're right, I have a few books on Mechnical engineering and electrical engineering ( never read them ).

Only problem I don't plan on going into those fields, I have a great job now and don't feel like starting over in another field. My interest in going back is truly for the education to help with starting my own game company( which requires a lot of math for the programming side ). Hence maybe an Assoicate in Math..
Bachelors is the better look but if you're looking to save money do your gen eds at community college. If you research you can find scholarship money for math degrees. May have to write a few essays or fills out applications but it's money out there.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
So they just let go the guy in the cubicle besides mine. I think I'll work a little more harder this morning :merchant:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
So they just let go the guy in the cubicle besides mine. I think I'll work a little more harder this morning :merchant:
What do you think they let him go for?

I'm bored at my job mane :mjcry:
The pay is good, but the challenge is gone, and I've reached a ceiling.

My old job wants me back and offered me a manager position but I'm afraid of leaving this company to go back to the old one. i like my commute, the people I work with and the area I work in.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
What do you think they let him go for?

I'm bored at my job mane :mjcry:
The pay is good, but the challenge is gone, and I've reached a ceiling.

My old job wants me back and offered me a manager position but I'm afraid of leaving this company to go back to the old one. i like my commute, the people I work with and the area I work in.
We had a meeting and they said we just don't have enough work so someone had to go. We had mass layoffs last November and they said that was it, but once the oil prices hit really low they've started up again (although not as massive and on the same day).

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
We had a meeting and they said we just don't have enough work so someone had to go. We had mass layoffs last November and they said that was it, but once the oil prices hit really low they've started up again (although not as massive and on the same day).
Man those low oil prices fukked that whole sector these past few months :damn: , worst time to be in that industry or an industry related to it.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Man those low oil prices fukked that whole sector these past few months :damn: , worst time to be in that industry or an industry related to it.
It sure did! We're a consulting company that works in other areas, but oil is our main business.

I wasn't really friends with dude who got let go, but dude was just in the process of moving into a new place :damn: The corporate world is a cold cold place :to: