giphy.gif

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
THis probably deserves its own thread but i'm gonna keep it random

So apparently ive been miscategorizing transgender people and now someone (3rd party) got their panties in a knot over it.
I got a text message last nitght that has me laughing my ass off. THis brawd i know got her panties all up in a knot because i "offended" her transgender friend while we were at a house party last week. I decided to cool off before fire back my response back and wound up falling asleep.

Background story: One of my friends is always acting like she takes the cause of the LGBTQ...XYZ (however many letters they wanna add) way too personal/serious. Even more serious than that community themselves sometimes. You cant say nothing bad or even make a simple remark about gays, lesbians etc around her.
I get shes a bit sensitive because her younger sister is "Queer" and they are very close and all but shyt, woman calm the fukk down. :rudy:

TO bhonest i never paid attention to that community like that. Anyway I always thought when people say "transgender woman" they meant a woman (by birth) who's transitioning/ed to become a man. Apparently i had it backward. It's "transgender" + Whatever they wish to be. Not what they were physically born as. So Transgender "woman" is actually a man (by birth) whos become a woman.

Apparently it's offensive if you get it mixed up which is what I did. But neither you or that fukka even corrected me so why you steaming all the sudden? :yeshrug:
Anyway me and homegirl (my friend) already had a bit f a history over this topic. She claims me being from a super homophobic culture (Caribbean) somehow makes me "homophobic by nature" without knowing it even tho I act "civilized around gay people"
Had me like :what:
Once she even once got mad at me at a party for playing Buju's Boom ByeBye track while her gayboy neighbors (at the time) were there. I was like my fault i didnt know them cats were gay. THey probably didnt t even know they were there. Not like they know what the song meant anyway.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
THis probably deserves its own thread but i'm gonna keep it random

So apparently ive been miscategorizing transgender people and now someone (3rd party) got their panties in a knot over it.
I got a text message last nitght that has me laughing my ass off. THis brawd i know got her panties all up in a knot because i "offended" her transgender friend while we were at a house party last week. I decided to cool off before fire back my response back and wound up falling asleep.

Background story: One of my friends is always acting like she takes the cause of the LGBTQ...XYZ (however many letters they wanna add) way too personal/serious. Even more serious than that community themselves sometimes. You cant say nothing bad or even make a simple remark about gays, lesbians etc around her.
I get shes a bit sensitive because her younger sister is "Queer" and they are very close and all but shyt, woman calm the fukk down. :rudy:

TO bhonest i never paid attention to that community like that. Anyway I always thought when people say "transgender woman" they meant a woman (by birth) who's transitioning/ed to become a man. Apparently i had it backward. It's "transgender" + Whatever they wish to be. Not what they were physically born as. So Transgender "woman" is actually a man (by birth) whos become a woman.

Apparently it's offensive if you get it mixed up which is what I did. But neither you or that fukka even corrected me so why you steaming all the sudden? :yeshrug:
Anyway me and homegirl (my friend) already had a bit f a history over this topic. She claims me being from a super homophobic culture (Caribbean) somehow makes me "homophobic by nature" without knowing it even tho I act "civilized around gay people"
Had me like :what:
Once she even once got mad at me at a party for playing Buju's Boom ByeBye track while her gayboy neighbors (at the time) were there. I was like my fault i didnt know them cats were gay. THey probably didnt t even know they were there. Not like they know what the song meant anyway.
You're entitled to mess up. Everyone does. Everyone is ignorant no matter if they think they know everything.

Its ok to ask questions. But if you were intentonally being disrespectful like some ppl, then she has a right to not fukk with you.

If you dont like Trans ppl and aren't forced in a workplace setting or school to be around them, dont stress yourself out by being around them if you dont care to learn about it.

We are in a different time. Even though Trans ppl existed even back in the day and were stealth (living as Cis/regular ppl). Trans stuff is visible now. Ppl have lgbtqia siblings, kids, cousins, best friends who they've dealt with for years intimately and acknowledge their dysphoria, discrimination, bullying and how serious it is for them. You misgendering the friend couldve ruined the person's entire day. Or worse. You couldve triggered them to suicide....you may think its weak minded but regular cis folks are haunted with severe depression in the same ways.

Trans ppl (particularly Trans women) regularly get spit on in public spaces, punched on by men and women, made fun of in front of everyone, stabbed...just a lot of violence while trying to avoid major drama. Just going about their day.

If the person is dressed femininely and you know they are supposedly Trans, its likely someone who identifies as a chick. If you see breasts too...another sign.

Its best to just address ppl by name.