Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Dev2103

All Star
Daps
that Discovery "I almost got away with it" show got me like :ohhh: :what::mjlol::wow: all in a 45 min episode
piff tv...only the minor offences

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
My day after work left me humbled and speechless....

After work, scooped my brother up from school and went to store to pick up a couple of items. I ran into the parent of a young man that was a part of mentoring group when I held the position. Through the program, we developed a solid relationship that turned into a brotherhood. I consider him like my lil brother. Me and his mother begin with meaningless talk until she started to talk about her son. She said she wanted to thank me...and I ask for what? Just for helping her son. He's improving in school. Her relationship with him is more honest as he was closed off. I told her it's her work especially as a single parent. She told me she could teach her son how to respect others, how to treat women, but she cannot teach him how to be a man. He would tell her that I've been more than a big brother to him, but more of a father figure to him. She went through the story of her having him at a young age, his upbringing, not having a father around....information that I already knew through him. She was tearing up as she went through the whole story which made me want to tear up but I kept my composure. She gave me a hug and just thank me. That ride home with my brother was a quiet ride, cus I believe it effected him as well and he's normally the dikk head that would clown around.

When I got home, told my fiance about it cus it bothered me. Went to go play on with my kids for a good 1 1/2 until I received a text. It was from the kid, asking me about my college bball predictions. I hit him a couple times until he mention that he heard I saw his mother at the store lol I told him yeah I ran into her and I told him about the conversation. He called me and he wanted to cop please cus I know why. I know it's hard for another dude to tell another dude what they mean to them. I get it and I told him that. I guess he felt comfortable with me being comfortable about the situation...and he just basically told me he appreciate me for being there for him. Kid basically said he didn't have any strong male figures in his family and he gravitated towards me. And that I showed him what it was to be a man. We spoke for a good minute about it, but I told him as much as he thinks he learn from me...I also learn from them....that keeps me motivated to try to help and support as many of our young men out here as possible. That's where my heart is. I watched my father do it and I'm following in those footsteps. It's genuine and it's me. I want my boys when they grow up to do the same.

In words of Ice Cube,
Today was a good Day

Last edited:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I apologized to my supervisors today for walking off on them yesterday. I realized that I do be pulling bold ass moves, and I work for an airline. I need to change that and make better decisions and communicate better, sometimes its hard when I feel like people be after my head but my supervisors are cool dudes.

He told the station manager (dude runs the whole station for this airline), and he said next time I pull this to take my badge and send me home for insubordination.

Keep in mind this job sent me to London for 4 days last week as well.

I gotta conquer this pride and communicate better.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

After work, scooped my brother up from school and went to store to pick up a couple of items. I ran into the parent of a young man that was a part of mentoring group when I held the position. Through the program, we developed a solid relationship that turned into a brotherhood. I consider him like my lil brother. Me and his mother begin with meaningless talk until she started to talk about her son. She said she wanted to thank me...and I ask for what? Just for helping her son. He's improving in school. Her relationship with him is more honest as he was closed off. I told her it's her work especially as a single parent. She told me she could teach her son how to respect others, how to treat women, but she cannot teach him how to be a man. He would tell her that I've been more than a big brother to him, but more of a father figure to him. She went through the story of her having him at a young age, his upbringing, not having a father around....information that I already knew through him. She was tearing up as she went through the whole story which made me want to tear up but I kept my composure. She gave me a hug and just thank me. That ride home with my brother was a quiet ride, cus I believe it effected him as well and he's normally the dikk head that would clown around.

When I got home, told my fiance about it cus it bothered me. Went to go play on with my kids for a good 1 1/2 until I received a text. It was from the kid, asking me about my college bball predictions. I hit him a couple times until he mention that he heard I saw his mother at the store lol I told him yeah I ran into her and I told him about the conversation. He called me and he wanted to cop please cus I know why. I know it's hard for another dude to tell another dude what they mean to them. I get it and I told him that. I guess he felt comfortable with me being comfortable about the situation...and he just basically told me he appreciate me for being there for him. Kid basically said he didn't have any strong male figures in his family and he gravitated towards me. And that I should him what it was to be a man. We spoke for a good minute about it, but I told him as much as he thinks he learn from me...I also learn from them....that keeps me motivated to try to help and support as many of our young men out here as possible. That's where my heart is. I watched my father do it and I'm following in those footsteps. It's genuine and it's me. I want my boys when they grow up to do the same.

In words of Ice Cube,
Today was a good Day

That's beautiful bruh. I tried doing a mentorship but I had to end it after a couple months cause I had to move.
Props to you for being able to get through to him because that's the hardest part.
There need to.be more people like you

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

When I got home, told my fiance about it cus it bothered me. Went to go play on with my kids for a good 1 1/2 until I received a text. It was from the kid, asking me about my college bball predictions. I hit him a couple times until he mention that he heard I saw his mother at the store lol I told him yeah I ran into her and I told him about the conversation. He called me and he wanted to cop please cus I know why. I know it's hard for another dude to tell another dude what they mean to them. I get it and I told him that. I guess he felt comfortable with me being comfortable about the situation...and he just basically told me he appreciate me for being there for him. Kid basically said he didn't have any strong male figures in his family and he gravitated towards me. And that I should him what it was to be a man. We spoke for a good minute about it, but I told him as much as he thinks he learn from me...I also learn from them....that keeps me motivated to try to help and support as many of our young men out here as possible. That's where my heart is. I watched my father do it and I'm following in those footsteps. It's genuine and it's me. I want my boys when they grow up to do the same.

In words of Ice Cube,
Today was a good Day

:salute:

we all need to aspire to be excellent examples to these young men out here.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I don't get how/why people who don't come in "early" themselves like to make remarks about when other people come in.

1) Trick, stop clocking me or any other person in the office
2) With few exceptions, I get here everyday balls to the wall earlier than you, and you hear not a single peep out of me about your or anyone else's arrival.

The thing is they try to engage in convo about why other people aren't here, really gassed and shyt. Why are you talking to me like I gaf?:childplease:

oan, I'm really anxious and fearful that I'm gonna be bawling when I see Stevie in three weeks. I keep getting emotional af listening to my Spotify shuffle, I gotta kick some puppies before I go. :snoop: