Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
need to rant and can't make this too public because we have a policy on talking shyt about employees so I'm going to keep this light, although he may not want this to be revealed any damn way.

I'm minding my business and suddenly my boss starts,

Boss: Kant, can you explain to me when a black gets shot, if it's by another black where is the outrage? [Referring to black female cop getting shot by black male]

I already knew this conversation was going to be sumbullshyt when he addressed me since I'm black, when he referred to black people as "a black" and because he's a old republican. I have only briefly seen bits and pieces about the case but knew where he was trying to steer the conversation, on top of that when I did try to answer his opening question and started making sense he cut me off.

Of course we start talking about BLM because non-blacks don't understand BLM. While I don't necessarily support the movement, and I told him this, I tried to explain to him that BLM isn't about black lives being the only ones that matter. The point is "we matter as well".

He fukked up two ways. One, he said he didn't understand why. I told him because black people, specifically black men are racially targeted by police and this has been happening for decades. He asked me the numbers and stats on them and I told him I didn't have them off the top of my head but they exist.

Two, he kept trying to say race doesn't matter, all lives matter, and I wanted to log out the conversation because basically what I'm telling him is going through one ear and out the other.

While this happens, the black man that cleans our office once a week came in mid conversation and we exchanged looks looking like :usure:

When my boss and I were exiting so that he could mop he told me

Cool dude: He's not going to understand, and they never will.

And I was so upset.

Me: This is hard...

I go outdoors and my boss is still going on and on about how he doesn't get the point (of what? At this point I don't know, maybe the core concept of racism is foreign to him which is ironic considering he isn't white). He tasks me to create a report on crime on lower black communities and lower white communities vs upper black and white communities. I'm going to give him a report alright but he isn't going to like it and it'll all be for naught, sadly for me.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You know the US Government has agreements with three nations for them to take US citizens in the event that Yellowstone erupts? :mjgrin:
What happens to the US if it erupts :dwillhuh:
I just got the best mini forehead massage from the lady that threads my eyebrows. :noah:

Reminded me that I'm due for a full body massage.
both of those would be amazing right now :mjgrin:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
What happens to the US if it erupts :dwillhuh:

Most of the Midwest would be destroyed instantly. The fallout from the ash would blanket most of the country, making growing crops almost impossible. Worldwide temps would decline as well due to the ash..

Also consider that the San Andreas fault feeds off the faults near Yellowstone, it would more than likely start a quake or quakes that would rip up California, Oregon and Washington.

RehReh

KasGoinJail 💀
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
need to rant and can't make this too public because we have a policy on talking shyt about employees so I'm going to keep this light, although he may not want this to be revealed any damn way.

I'm minding my business and suddenly my boss starts,

Boss: Kant, can you explain to me when a black gets shot, if it's by another black where is the outrage? [Referring to black female cop getting shot by black male]

I already knew this conversation was going to be sumbullshyt when he addressed me since I'm black, when he referred to black people as "a black" and because he's a old republican. I have only briefly seen bits and pieces about the case but knew where he was trying to steer the conversation, on top of that when I did try to answer his opening question and started making sense he cut me off.

Of course we start talking about BLM because non-blacks don't understand BLM. While I don't necessarily support the movement, and I told him this, I tried to explain to him that BLM isn't about black lives being the only ones that matter. The point is "we matter as well".

He fukked up two ways. One, he said he didn't understand why. I told him because black people, specifically black men are racially targeted by police and this has been happening for decades. He asked me the numbers and stats on them and I told him I didn't have them off the top of my head but they exist.

Two, he kept trying to say race doesn't matter, all lives matter, and I wanted to log out the conversation because basically what I'm telling him is going through one ear and out the other.

While this happens, the black man that cleans our office once a week came in mid conversation and we exchanged looks looking like :usure:

When my boss and I were exiting so that he could mop he told me

Cool dude: He's not going to understand, and they never will.

And I was so upset.

Me: This is hard...

I go outdoors and my boss is still going on and on about how he doesn't get the point (of what? At this point I don't know, maybe the core concept of racism is foreign to him which is ironic considering he isn't white). He tasks me to create a report on crime on lower black communities and lower white communities vs upper black and white communities. I'm going to give him a report alright but he isn't going to like it and it'll all be for naught, sadly for me.

One of those 'hey ur black, tell me about u black people's issues"

Those people lure u in with the pretence of wanting to understand but they just want to hear the sound of their own voice

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
One of those 'hey ur black, tell me about u black people's issues"

Those people lure u in with the pretence of wanting to understand but they just want to hear the sound of their own voice

I don't think he ever wanted to understand, he wanted my opinion and then tried to school me on something that has so many levels that he can't even fathom one. Until people can understand that it IS a race issue then I'm wasting my breath.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I don't think he ever wanted to understand, he wanted my opinion and then tried to school me on something that has so many levels that he can't even fathom one. Until people can understand that it IS a race issue then I'm wasting my breath.
Why did you even engage?