Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Are you using the credit cards because they are convenient or because you get some kind of reward points for them? If it's for points then I think you're going to have to set some kind of threshold on the amount you're willing to put on your cards and putting up the difference with your own money. Say your threshold is $2000 and you already have balance of $1000 but you want something that costs $1500, well if you dont have the $500 cash then you can't get it right now or something like that.

You could also try putting $200 or so per pay into a separate account, let it build up, get a debit card for it and then slowly transition to using that instead of your credit card. Do you have a budget that you work from?

Wont bore you with details, but we just have too many expenditures that aren't regular bills. So those went on the CC.

Financial discipline is taking a backseat to work life balance and necessary flights and hotels. All temporary, eventually we gon get right.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wont bore you with details, but we just have too many expenditures that aren't regular bills. So those went on the CC.

Financial discipline is taking a backseat to work life balance and necessary flights and hotels. All temporary, eventually we gon get right.

I feel you. Still try to plan or forecast out as much as you can. If you know in 6 months you may need $2000-3000, then just divide that number by how many paychecks you're expecting to receive in that 6 months and put that to the side. Probably won't be as effective for anything coming up in the next few months or so, but nothing wrong with getting a stockpile together for later in the year.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
You're about to :eat: Where do you want to teach?
I am not sure yet. I am just laying the groundwork. They already sent me offers from China. 6 and 12 month contracts. I have not even finished the course. :lbafro:

I mentioned that I don't want to just leave the states just yet...as I am comfortable and doing well. This isn't a move of desperation. Its just another option. :mjx:

So....I asked whether they had online teaching jobs that I can do from the states so I can find my teaching style...she sent me a list of 20 companies....:leon:

:pachaha:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What did you make?

I didn't say anything. Just "liked" that post and keep it moving. They had caps and gowns and the whole nine. Like for what? Isn't it like a 6 month course or something?
i didn't enter anything because i've purged my house of flour products and white sugar :sad:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am not sure yet. I am just laying the groundwork. They already sent me offers from China. 6 and 12 month contracts. I have not even finished the course. :lbafro:

I mentioned that I don't want to just leave the states just yet...as I am comfortable and doing well. This isn't a move of desperation. Its just another option. :mjx:

So....I asked whether they had online teaching jobs that I can do from the states so I can find my teaching style...she sent me a list of 20 companies....:leon:

:pachaha:
That's what's up. Not a bad part-time job at all.

i didn't enter anything because i've purged my house of flour products and white sugar :sad:

I understand.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
That's what's up. Not a bad part-time job at all.

I understand.
Agreed. I may try to eventually take over the language-slanging game. Let me learn the ropes first though.

"That's 14 verbs you got right there?"

:wowsmith:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My homegirl is having a hard time finding a job. For one, she had the incorrect phone number on her resume. She made the correction and sent this hiring manager, not one, but THREE different versions of her updated resume. Why? Then she was like "I went and got this degree and I thought it would help me". I saw this nikka resume(s) and she got her fukking associates degree in Natural Science. Why? Then I tell her to go on LinkedIn to search for jobs and she's like "What Industry do I put in?" I say well what industry do you want to work in? "Any one". Then why the fukk would you get a Natural Science degree?!?!? You didn't have any type of plan to go along with that? I've never seen someone move so stupidly through the job hunting process. Not saying it's not difficult, but if you keep shooting yourself in the foot...