Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah breh, I understand exactly where @Rawtid is coming from. You know how many times I reopen doors for customers at work, and these rude b*stards can't even say thank you, or an nod to acknowledge the good deed.
Ok, let me say this. The bhagavad gita says that you should do good deeds with no expectation. When I go to work (I work at an airport) I get off the employee bus with a collective group of people. Pilots, flight attendants, waiters, baristas, anything you can think of, and I'll be the first to the door and if I'm not in a rush I'll hold it open for all of them, sometimes it'll be 15 people. Some say thank you and some don't, but I'm not looking for recognition. If you're going to be a good person then be a good person, don't be a good person and then expect recognition.

You want to focus on the people who appreciate what you do and not the ones who don't.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok, let me say this. The bhagavad gita says that you should do good deeds with no expectation. When I go to work (I work at an airport) I get off the employee bus with a collective group of people. Pilots, flight attendants, waiters, baristas, anything you can think of, and I'll be the first to the door and if I'm not in a rush I'll hold it open for all of them, sometimes it'll be 15 people. Some say thank you and some don't, but I'm not looking for recognition. If you're going to be a good person then be a good person, don't be a good person and then expect recognition.

You want to focus on the people who appreciate what you do and not the ones who don't.
I shouldn't say that I'm never nice to anyone, I just don't go out of my way to do it. I don't expect anything when I do something nice though.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
i wonder what @charmander's doo doo braid spaghetti nap hair regime is

:patrice:

V4yBv5j.jpg

don't make me embarrass you in multiple threads Hindu Woody

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
everything moving by precise molecular motion

the seperation between you and your environment is a product of consciousness/ human imagination

flow
&
hope for good fortune*

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anyone ever quit a job after only a short period of time? I don't want to burn any bridges but I know that might not be possible because when I first started here back in August, I told my boss that I was planning on being here for at least a year... but I literally dread walking into work. Not to mention, I'm being paid like buttcheeks.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone ever quit a job after only a short period of time? I don't want to burn any bridges but I know that might not be possible because when I first started here back in August, I told my boss that I was planning on being here for at least a year... but I literally dread walking into work. Not to mention, I'm being paid like buttcheeks.
Don't feel guilty. If they wanted to fire you, they wouldn't care how long you were there. If you don't like it, dip. Give your two weeks if you care enough.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don't feel guilty. If they wanted to fire you, they wouldn't care how long you were there. If you don't like it, dip. Give your two weeks if you care enough.
True, true. I appreciate you putting that in perspective. Ironically, a dude who started at the same time I did just texted me saying he put in his two week notice.