The Lighthouse - Robert Eggers (The Witch) with Williem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Thoughts Breh?

Left me feeling stumped. I went into the film with really high hopes, but it just kind of fell flat. I think I'll need more time to sort of digest the film, but it failed to move me in any way.

My friend told me I was being too hard on the film afterwards, so I do have to say this: it's not a bad or poorly made film, and both Dafoe and Pattinson gave great performances, but there was something extra that the film lacked. I guess I wasn't a fan of how the tension and paranoia was conveyed -- whereas the witch had me on the edge of my seat, this film never convinced me we were flying off the rails into authentic lunacy, but rather arriving to a climax that felt too predictable in certain respects.

I think my expectations were too high. Perhaps I needed to understand that this wasn't supposed to be a horror flick too. But this didn't compare to the witch, and I'd definitely take both hereditary and midsommar comfortably ahead of this one. Not a bad film, but unfortunately, it's not one that I'll be clamoring about.:mjcry:

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This was one of the weirdest movies I've seen this year. It's definitely not for everybody, so don't anyone that doesn't like arthouse shyt. The dialogue is a little hard to understand at times too.

Otherwise, it was a meticulously crafted film. All the technical stuff was absolutely flawless, and Pattinson and Dafoe were excellent. I definitely recommend seeing it.