The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This isn't what I "think" will happen because I don't know but this is what I think would make the most sense for both parties if AEW stays with WBD

-'Dynamite' remains the flagship show on TBS

-'Collision' is elevated to a more prominent position and moved to the Friday 1-hour timeslot. It had to be live at 10PM ET and feature important matches

-'Rampage' is moved to Saturday night

-Rebrand 'Battle of the Belts' into something else and make the events have their own "special" reasoning for why they exist. These also need to be live.

-PPVs move exclusively to the Max streaming platform at no additional cost [unless you want to charge a little extra for 'ALL IN']

-AEW Library moves exclusively to the Max streaming platform and ROH airs live on Max every week (do away with Honor Club)
Combo of what I think happens and what should happen…

Dynamite absorbs Rampage and goes to three hours

Collision goes to Thursday and is also live. AEW forced to hire two traveling crews so the two shows don’t cannibalize their attendances.

ROH airs as a studio show on TruTV after it’s rebranded to TNT Sports or whatever is happening with that network.

Battle of the Belts becomes a quarterly mini-PPV that airs on its own on strategic weekends.

Dark returns as a Max exclusive.

All AEW and ROH content ends up on Max as Max is the future of WBD. Includes the libraries.

In-ring shows will be simulcasted on Max or at worst next-day on Max.

AEW and ROH PPVs exclusive to Max (in markets with Max of course) at no additional cost.

WBD commissions more original AEW content that isn’t live wrestling. And I’m not talking stuff like this dumbass Overdrive show. I mean content that’s AEW centric.

And one wild prediction that I’m just throwing out there - AEW will get some sort of show marketed towards women. I’m thinking more along the lines of a blend of reality and cinematic wrestling.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And one wild prediction that I’m just throwing out there - AEW will get some sort of show marketed towards women. I’m thinking more along the lines of a blend of reality and cinematic wrestling.

I'm going to touch on a couple things from your post. First being 'Dynamite' moving to 3 hours. If they get a big increase on this deal, I could see that happening, ratings would also drop even more because of that added third hour but maybe WBD wouldn't care because they can potentially get that back in ad revenue for the additional hour. I would hate it though. I think most fans would.

But this part I quoted about the women..

I think you're right that they are probably going to do a women centric television show but I think it will end up being more of a reality show. I think Mercedes and Dr. Britt will allow cameras into their everyday life for the first time and follow them around like a 'Total Divas' but a less scripted, more realism based version.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to touch on a couple things from your post. First being 'Dynamite' moving to 3 hours. If they get a big increase on this deal, I could see that happening, ratings would also drop even more because of that added third hour but maybe WBD wouldn't care because they can potentially get that back in ad revenue for the additional hour. I would hate it though. I think most fans would.

But this part I quoted about the women..

I think you're right that they are probably going to do a women centric television show but I think it will end up being more of a reality show. I think Mercedes and Dr. Britt will allow cameras into their everyday life for the first time and follow them around like a 'Total Divas' but a less scripted, more realism based version.
The women thing is essential, IMO. WWE saw their women viewership go way up because of Total Divas.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
The women thing is essential, IMO. WWE saw their women viewership go way up because of Total Divas.

Pretty much. Nobody gives a fukk about the Bellas but in those arenas you'd think you were at a Katy Perry/Taylor Swift concert sometimes.

What made Total Divas work was that it was on a channel women were already watching big time in E!, which at the time had all the Kardashian shows and other reality shows bytches were into. If Total Divas would’ve been on USA or SyFy it wouldn’t have hit to nearly the same degree because women were watching it who didn’t even follow WWE or know shyt about it. If AEW has a womens show on Max or TBS, I’m not sure how that’s gonna get new eyeballs from people who aren’t already watching the product

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
What made Total Divas work was that it was on a channel women were already watching big time in E!, which at the time had all the Kardashian shows and other reality shows bytches were into. If Total Divas would’ve been on USA or SyFy it wouldn’t have hit to nearly the same degree because women were watching it who didn’t even follow WWE or know shyt about it. If AEW has a womens show on Max or TBS, I’m not sure how that’s gonna get new eyeballs from people who aren’t already watching the product
Put it on TLC then.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
WBD also owns Discovery, OWN, Travel Channel, HGTV, HLN, and TLC.

Does that type show necessarily fit those networks? No, but that never stopped networks before from airing stuff that doesn’t fit their profile.