The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I bet you guys would believe if the reports were that of a terrible deal.

Not at all. I'd like to see AEW get a good deal because that would mean a continuous flow of $ for the wrestlers from two companies. I just don't believe much of anything coming from dirtsheets especially when it comes to business negotiations.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They've been recycling the same "Good news imminent!" headline for months now. They don't know shyt.

I know the sides are talking because TK keeps referencing it and Puck News has reported on it a couple times but I haven't seen anything about what numbers are being discussed or whether they are close to a deal.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I think what's gonna help is getting the PPVs on Max. Not only will it make it convenient but help grow the subscriber count. Even more so if they throw ROH on there or some other added bonus. Maybe even original content. It'll help with the other WBD stuff as well, tho I'm not sure what the popular shows are on there.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I bet you guys would believe if the reports were that of a terrible deal.
The people that love to troll, sure. But we've all been consistent in not believing wrestling news sites have any legit sources with TV networks like they try to make people believe.

The "WBD source" is probably someone that's like 4 steps below the ladder of people that actually knew about this stuff and/or make decisions. Whoever it is probably hears stuff via hearsay or might heard something tangentially related in a meeting, which is why the wrestling news site don't really have any real info besides the headline, as that is the only thing their "source" could've told them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This isn't what I "think" will happen because I don't know but this is what I think would make the most sense for both parties if AEW stays with WBD

-'Dynamite' remains the flagship show on TBS

-'Collision' is elevated to a more prominent position and moved to the Friday 1-hour timeslot. It had to be live at 10PM ET and feature important matches

-'Rampage' is moved to Saturday night

-Rebrand 'Battle of the Belts' into something else and make the events have their own "special" reasoning for why they exist. These also need to be live.

-PPVs move exclusively to the Max streaming platform at no additional cost [unless you want to charge a little extra for 'ALL IN']

-AEW Library moves exclusively to the Max streaming platform and ROH airs live on Max every week (do away with Honor Club)

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I'm not one of these people rooting against a deal but I find it hard to believe that WBD is talking to dirtsheets

They don't.

When it comes to TV deals, sheet writers double talk to draw clicks because they don't have anything for the most part. If they want to talk about backstage fukkery or contracts, they have sources that can go into detail, but they don't have sources high enough on the food chain to be involved with or knowledgeable of television rights discussions.