The LEGO Batman Movie thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I didn't like it. The humor seemed hamfisted and a lot of the laughs didn't land. I think I was too hyped also because the reviews from fanboys have been glowing. No one laughed in my theatre. There were a few chuckles, and I did most of them, which was awkward, IMO. But a few chuckles in a two hour comedy is pretty bad.

Two thumbs down or a 2 out of 10 for me.
I didn't think it was as perfect as The Lego Movie but that shyt you mention has more to do with the audience, breh. I was dying at some of the shout outs at the other Batman movies and the audience completely no sold them. None of them even seemed to get the joke about the two boats which was the most direct reference to The Dark Knight in there. If they didn't even get that one, there was no hope for the other references.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_o3aunyhgFK1uvcgjlo4_400.gif

tumblr_o3aunyhgFK1uvcgjlo1_400.gif

Will Arnett got the last laugh :russ:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I didn't think it was as perfect as The Lego Movie but that shyt you mention has more to do with the audience, breh. I was dying at some of the shout outs at the other Batman movies and the audience completely no sold them. None of them even seemed to get the joke about the two boats which was the most direct reference to The Dark Knight in there. If they didn't even get that one, there was no hope for the other references.

But there's a difference between getting a reference or joke and it being funny, at least enough to laugh out loud. Yeah, some of the references and jokes made me smile or chuckle, but these reviews that say its belly aching funny seem suspect.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I took the kids to see this joint last night at the drive in.
I wasn't expecting this shyt too be good at all because it was a kiddie flick . Lego Batman took a big shyt on BvS imo.

:ohhh:

If DC decide to release another big budget animated movie such as Batman: Mask of Phantasm, I would be in an Imax movie theater day one before I ever waste my money on another dc live action flix
:hubie:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was good. Loved the references. Didn't really connect too well with the emotional angle they were going for at times but an enjoyable, fun movie nonetheless.