The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Playing this shyt at work feels great! I'm sitting here trying to build a better hovercycle and shyt just experimenting. I just concentrate on fukking around with building shyt and experimenting. or Duping. I ain't doing no quests until I get home cause I wanna hear the music in its full glory.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I came in here to say... i accidentally ended up at the final boss looking for the damn castle lobby. smh. overall im not enjoying the game nearly as much as breath of the wild. much of the game seems aimless and there's just no structure whatsoever. enemies hit way too hard, i shouldnt be losing 8 hearts over a swipe in some random field when some of the endgame enemies literally do a quarter heart of damage. The AI is ridiculous as well, frequently feels like they are running away from assisting me and towards enemies.

just running into a lot of frustrating moments that ultimately amount to nothing. i also think i would have preferred a majoras mask type sequel where i wasnt literally doing the same story as the first game just more fleshed out. i wouldnt be surprised if we get an age of calamity 2 as the guts of the plot are nearly the same. I am enjoying the game overall tho but several times i just wanted to start up assassins creed or something for a more friendly experience. I do wanna flesh out the underground map so I'll put alot more hours in for the treasure.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Is the two-fan glider the best flying vehicle discovered? I was thinking some folks may have discovered something better by now.

I came in here to say... i accidentally ended up at the final boss looking for the damn castle lobby. smh. overall im not enjoying the game nearly as much as breath of the wild. much of the game seems aimless and there's just no structure whatsoever. enemies hit way too hard, i shouldnt be losing 8 hearts over a swipe in some random field when some of the endgame enemies literally do a quarter heart of damage. The AI is ridiculous as well, frequently feels like they are running away from assisting me and towards enemies.

just running into a lot of frustrating moments that ultimately amount to nothing. i also think i would have preferred a majoras mask type sequel where i wasnt literally doing the same story as the first game just more fleshed out. i wouldnt be surprised if we get an age of calamity 2 as the guts of the plot are nearly the same. I am enjoying the game overall tho but several times i just wanted to start up assassins creed or something for a more friendly experience. I do wanna flesh out the underground map so I'll put alot more hours in for the treasure.

Bro....you could build mechs and death laser satellites in this game. That alone puts it head and shoulders above Breath of the Wild, and negates any minor faults of this game.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

lmao @ accidentally ended up at Final Boss.

You fukked around and found out.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

The one-hit kills are the single most frustrating thing about this game. Feels so steep and unfair. Every boss battle is so damn stressful cuz of it

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

If anything I’d say this game feels a little more structured that BotW :patrice:

I beat and put in 150 hours on BotW but the first 30 hours or so were really slow to me and I would play the game on and off for months before I really got into it. Tears grabbed me after the first couple hours of the game and once I made it out of the tutorial area I was hooked. Structurally tho their openness is more or less the same

I will say Combat is pretty mediocre. it’s only “difficult” when a lot of enemies can one-shot you or take most of your hearts with a single hit. Outside of getting creative with traps, hazards, builds, etc it’s very basic on a technical level. It would be near brainless if you just had a single weapon/shield/bow that upgrade stats over time

I’ve been having a blast exploring and upgrading stuff tho. This games strengths are the sandbox, puzzles, and overall exploration, which are all top tier IMO, while combat is just kinda there to add some sense of danger lol

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
If anything I’d say this game feels a little more structured that BotW :patrice:

I beat and put in 150 hours on BotW but the first 30 hours or so were really slow to me and I would play the game on and off for months before I really got into it. Tears grabbed me after the first couple hours of the game and once I made it out of the tutorial area I was hooked. Structurally tho their openness is more or less the same

I will say Combat is pretty mediocre. it’s only “difficult” when a lot of enemies can one-shot you or take most of your hearts with a single hit. Outside of getting creative with traps, hazards, builds, etc it’s very basic on a technical level. It would be near brainless if you just had a single weapon/shield/bow that upgrade stats over time

I’ve been having a blast exploring and upgrading stuff tho. This games strengths are the sandbox, puzzles, and overall exploration, which are all top tier IMO, while combat is just kinda there to add some sense of danger lol
Definitely way more structured than BoTW. I got a better sense of what I was supposed to do right off the bat in this while with BoTW I was completely lost

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Well, i wasnt aware that you could also beat the first one without the master sword. I guess I'm just personally having a worse experience. Feels like there's much less from the NPCs directing me on the main storyline. No one seems to have any real grasp on the gloom or the depths besides whats explained in the beginning, like how do y'all zonai boys not know y'all been exploring and studying this?

It is what it is. & if y'all really think these random temples have more structure than the divine beasts in the first game then I guess i just disagree on that.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Somebody didnt upgrade their armor:ufdup: