The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How many hours have you logged?

I was gonna hold off on playing this until we got a switch successor but I’ve been following the game since launch so I’m thinking I might as well pick it up and play throughout June :lupe:
Switch says over 75. Been sleeping 4 hours a day since the game came out. Surprised i still have a job, been a zombie at work. I been no lifing the fukk outta this shyt.:francis: Dont even wanna go into how much i played saturday and Sunday.

Glad this didnt come out when i was in college cuz i def woulda flunked out:lolbron:
Right. I'm always low on flower bombs cuz I've yet to find any area that has a multitude of them and they show up sparingly at random.
I got 5 caves i put markers on and farm them every blood moon(think blood moons happen around every 3 hours of gameplay or so)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Switch says over 75. Been sleeping 4 hours a day since the game came out. Surprised i still have a job, been a zombie at work. I been no lifing the fukk outta this shyt.:francis: Dont even wanna go into how much i played saturday and Sunday.

Glad this didnt come out when i was in college cuz i def woulda flunked out:lolbron:

I got 5 caves i put markers on and farm them every blood moon(think blood moons happen around every 3 hours of gameplay or so)

Funny, i was playing it quite a bit until the Street Fighter 6 open beta came out this weekend and that one I was really near no-lifing it too and was the first time I took a couple days break on this since the leak dropped. I did end the evening yesterday with a relaxing play thru in bed with my deck connected to my portable monitor, whilst the wife looking at my play session and the kid playing her own game. Wife been near no lifing the game too. Or at least to her standard, which is like 3 hours a day or so. I roughly can play the game upwards to 5 hours in a given day, if life shyt isn't pulling me a way long enough or I'm not tweaking the performance updates on the deck. Good times.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This. Yeah, Ionno what you're doing wrong @Gizmo_Duck with your arrow consumption/scavenging. I use arrows very frequently and yet, I've never had like less than 50 arrows at a time since leaving the initial sky island. I got close to 100 atm.

If there's one thing that I like comparatively about this game's bow and arrow mechanics over Horizon is that any bow type can shoot any arrow augmentation. I hate that in Horizon you have to have like 15 different bows in order to have your entire arrow type on deck.

Theres not a lot of crates in the depths, when you’re in there exploring for hours you’ll just eventually run out unless you teleport out again

Also, not having instant loading times is enough for me to not want to fast travel in this game. It’s not that long but you miss the SSD having to see those loading screens so often

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny, i was playing it quite a bit until the Street Fighter 6 open beta came out this weekend and that one I was really near no-lifing it too and was the first time I took a couple days break on this since the leak dropped. I did end the evening yesterday with a relaxing play thru in bed with my deck connected to my portable monitor, whilst the wife looking at my play session and the kid playing her own game. Wife been near no lifing the game too. Or at least to her standard, which is like 3 hours a day or so. I roughly can play the game upwards to 5 hours in a given day, if life shyt isn't pulling me a way long enough or I'm not tweaking the performance updates on the deck. Good times.

nikkas in the other thread told me no games came out this year though

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah I’m tryna be strategic as to when I start playing this because I be on the same shyt if an open world game or RPG hooks me in:pachaha: Especially something like this where you need to explore and gather resources regularly you start treating item farming like actual daily chores and shyt:dead:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Theres not a lot of crates in the depths, when you’re in there exploring for hours you’ll just eventually run out unless you teleport out again

Also, not having instant loading times is enough for me to not want to fast travel in this game. It’s not that long but you miss the SSD having to see those loading screens
I've only been in the depths one time so far. I'm still just trying to open the map up before I do much of anything else. I do plan on finishing up the Rito temple mission soon tho, maybe even before doing much anything else cuz I want that wind ability permanently.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
100% its the most annoying shyt ever, i almost feel like arrows should feel like they are unlimited and it’s like the opposite. I have to be mad stingy with using them, i got 7 bows and no arrows most times
they need a crafting system, im always out of arrows. 20 rupees for 5 arrows is atrocious
Y'all gotta farm them off mooks shooting you.

Find some camp with a bunch of weak Boko archers and just run around at range waiting them to shoot you then grab their arrows off the ground. Especially since archers drop bundles when you kill them.

I used to leave the Plateau in BotW with like, over 50 arrows before even getting bows :pachaha:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all gotta farm them off mooks shooting you.

Find some camp with a bunch of weak Boko archers and just run around at range waiting them to shoot you then grab their arrows off the ground. Especially since archers drop bundles when you kill them.

I used to leave the Plateau in BotW with like, over 50 arrows before even getting bows :pachaha:
I farm the Pirates hideout on the island and the camps in hyrule fields

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The look of horror Link gives the Great Fairy when she goes to kiss him for the lvl 3 armor upgrades:laff:

Link does not fukk with BBWs i guess. On some
65008-no-fat-chicks.png

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I think this is the longest I’ve played an open world game without getting bored of the open world
you peeped Elden Ring? that's the only other one that hasn't bored me to tears.

i tried RDR2 and that one was cool but just too realistic and not fun enough for me, the story was good tho.

this one is crazy to me, like at any given time i can be progressing through the game in a totally different way.