The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like they're drawing inspiration from Xenoblade.

If Zelda can do an open world half as good as Xenoblade it'll be good.

I hope that's the case. I haven't been that impressed by a 3D Zelda since Wind Waker and even that had a lot of flaws. Maybe this one will actually be good but I'll wait and see.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow.
I could've held off on my buying the damn Wii U if I knew
they were going to delay Zelda until 2016.
Now I gotta wait a whole year to get one of the games I dropped
that cash for

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They say they're not making a 2015 release date a priority, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be delayed. And I rather have finished, complete game then getting some half-assed shyt rushed to make it in time for Christmas filled with bugs and day-one patches like is becoming the norm.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If Nintendo is confident enough to delay it til next year, and not even show it at E3 then maybe they have a big fall/holiday reveal at E3 (Metroid, Mario title). It's entirely possible.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If Nintendo is confident enough to delay it til next year, and not even show it at E3 then maybe they have a big fall/holiday reveal at E3 (Metroid, Mario title). It's entirely possible.

They probably meant it won't be playable on the floor, they'll definitely feature it in their E3 Nintendo Direct.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
The game still looks way early in development, I would be surprised if it ends up slipping into 2016.

The scale of the game tho, it's like Nintendo is finally making a Zelda game that resembles the old artwork for the first Zelda.

bucztr.gif

1st-LOZ-WP1.jpg

:wow: Take your time Nintendo.

WHY NO ZELDA KILLS NINTENDO

wiiu-zelda-link-.png

As we are all aware by now I’m sure, The Legend of Zelda for Wii U has been delayed. To make matters worse, Nintendo announced to follow suit that there will not be any game footage at all at E3. What does that mean for Nintendo? It means bad.

Without a blockbuster announced so far, Nintendo is going to have to pull something remarkable at E3 to attempt a replacement of arguably their most popular and loved franchise in Zelda. The Wii U already lacks in games, and in terms of console market sales, heading down a path of failure. The next console for Nintendo, code named the NX has already been announced as the future replacement and is supposedly going to revolutionize the video game industry.

So, what can replace Zelda at E3? Short of a revolutionary Mario game (Galaxy 3?), or perhaps an amazing looking Metroid game, nothing. Even then, we probably would not see those titles this year. The fall lineup for Nintendo was centered around the release of Zelda, with Starfox as the main supporter. Starfox cannot possibly stand on its own to support the already failing Wii U while the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One have amazing AAA fall lineups competing with them.

Let’s not misunderstand here. This delay is a great thing for the Zelda title itself. Every major Zelda console game has been delayed at least once and all of those games are very highly rated and are usually considered masterpieces. I have no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will tweak the game and that it will blow us out of the water. What I am concerned about, as previously stated, is the hole at the end of 2015. Normally, consoles sell the most of their hardware and software during the holidays. Without a huge title during the holiday season, the Wii U will almost certainly suffer.

The biggest problem to me is the no show at E3 for the Zelda title. If Nintendo would at least be showing some footage, I think it would whet fan’s appetites enough to hold them until the release. But without even any footage at all, people like myself, are anxious. Nintendo has always been one for great surprises, but I do not foresee any surprise that can make up for the emptiness this Fall.

Nintendo has always been great for long lasting software, producing hits on the Wii U that have sustained player’s interests for long periods of time, such as Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, etc…Unless maybe upcoming multiplayer game Splatoon is a blockbuster, I cannot imagine any title holding players over into 2016. Sure, people will be playing games like Smash Bros. for years I am sure, but that does not mean they do not want variety to add to their brawling. This was supposed to be The Legend of Zelda Wii U.

Nintendo was so insistent on the Fall 2015 release and people were skeptical at first due to the previous delays of former titles. Nintendo kept on hammering out that Zelda would be a 2015 release and fans finally started to believe. As soon as the majority finally believed, Nintendo broke our hearts that we would not be getting it. As I have stated earlier, this is good for Zelda, but bad for business.

My biggest question is this: What will sell new consoles for the Wii U? What is the next big game to really push the boundary for Nintendo? I have stated concerns that I believe Nintendo has put more of a focus on their handheld market, and with the announce of mobile gaming, I am even more afraid. They have said they have not abandoned Wii U, but it is so hard to see the console as their primary focus with the sparse lineup, announcement of mobile gaming, the NX, and the lack of quality advertising for the Wii U.

Without Zelda, the Wii U will more than likely be dominated come Holiday 2015 in the console sales war. Even if Nintendo lied and shows something at E3, there still is nothing to fill the hole in the Fall and for that Nintendo has lost many potential sales until at least 2016. What are your thoughts about no Zelda at E3 or just Nintendo in general? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.gamespresso.com/2015/04/14/why-no-zelda-kills-nintendo/

ZG4.jpg

Daps
Miyamoto says the game is still coming to Wii U

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-the-legend-of-zelda-still-coming-to-wii-u

E3 2015: The Legend of Zelda Still Coming to Wii U
Share.
NX may be on the horizon, but Link's next console adventure is still on Wii U. By Jose Otero
Acclaimed Nintendo Game Designer Shigeru Miyamoto told IGN that The Legend of Zelda is still coming to Wii U.

Last March, Nintendo announced that Zelda Wii U wouldn't release in 2015. In April, the company revealed a new dedicated gaming platform called codename NX was in development during a press conference about its partnership to make smartphone games. These two events kicked off a wave of speculation as to whether or not Zelda would release on Nintendo's current home console.

"We're here to talk about Star Fox but Zelda is still coming to Wii U," Miyamoto said through an interpreter, "so don't worry about that."

Miyamoto continued, "My thing with E3 is that we always focus on what's coming out in the immediate future. We have some really great Zelda footage and, at some point we will be showing that off, but not today."

We're still not clear if Zelda Wii U will receive the same treatment as Zelda: Twilight Princess, an installment that released on Wii and the previous generation GameCube console.

Miyamoto is the General Manager of Nintendo's Entertainment and Analysis division. He has created a string of influential games and characters during his career including Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Star Fox.

Earlier today, Nintendo revealed Star Fox Zero to the public for the first time. The Japanese game maker also announced a special partnership with Activision to bring Bowser and Donkey Kong to Skylanders: SuperCharged.