The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I did the 3 labyrinths (all shockingly easy) and the island challenge (huge pain in the ass).

Do I get to fight the two huge dragons or do I just watch them go by without touching them?
Shoot the dragons for parts.

Tooth, fang, horn and scale.

If you add a dragon horn to an elixer or meal that shot is crack. What would normally be a 5 min boost becomes 30 min

Everyone should be farming dragons for horns and silver lynels for star fragments by now yall sleeping

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So after 145 hours of game play, I finally took down Ganon. The end scene has made me come to the conclusion...

That Japan really wanted Zelda to be a pawg :deadrose:

This game is so beautiful. Truly allows you to maximize it anyway you want. It literally allows you to avoid everything and get to Ganon, or go through the castle like a normal casual player, which I did, and was surprised the ruined inside of the castle was pretty spacious. Saw all that proper weapons had me like :ohlawd: jackpot. Found a random spot where the cage locked and a random beast appeared. Had to hit him with the ":dahell: bytch, I got ancient bow, ancient arrows, and the master sword, you ain't fukking with me this time" Hit him one time with an arrow and carried on.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the ugliest Ganon has ever looked, might be he last time we face him. And the bring on an entirely new enemy for the next game. He killed me several times because I was trying to face him without healing. But I beat him a little while ago. His final form was fun, and looked cool. Amazing feeling in handheld mode for that fight.

Amazing game. :banderas:
Man you fukking up with them ancient arrows. U miss the goodies when you kill any enemy with those thats not a guardian

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's too hard. Ain't risking Epona getting killed

My local friend who has this says that too. I dont know if Ive mastered it considering its the only way i beat them but if you run at them then sprint with the horse (using one of the stamina/whips or whatever) just like a football tackle before impact they dont even see you coming and begin to charge up, and then slash at the same point of impact for more damage (be careful if you use like an ancient guardian sword it can slap them across a field) they are on their back just like a turtle laying on its shell, just circle around with the horse while cutting and them legs are off and they just sit on their back (they cant move or get back up). If you leave even one leg they will use it to tip themselves back over. They rarely see me, and honestly they rare even get a chance to fully charge up so they dont get any shots off and i dont lose any damage.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
My local friend who has this says that too. I dont know if Ive mastered it considering its the only way i beat them but if you run at them then sprint with the horse (using one of the stamina/whips or whatever) just like a football tackle before impact they dont even see you coming and begin to charge up, and then slash at the same point of impact for more damage (be careful if you use like an ancient guardian sword it can slap them across a field) they are on their back just like a turtle laying on its shell, just circle around with the horse while cutting and them legs are off and they just sit on their back (they cant move or get back up). If you leave even one leg they will use it to tip themselves back over. They rarely see me, and honestly they rare even get a chance to fully charge up so they dont get any shots off and i dont lose any damage.
Please put this on video :ohhh:

Both the way you usually kill them and the guardian style!

This some pro shyt

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Please put this on video :ohhh:

Both the way you usually kill them and the guardian style!

This some pro shyt

:whoa: I wouldnt describe it as pro shyt at all. Its straight survival. I only had 3 hearts and was still exploring the game and had made my way down to komo shoreline which is the most southern point dead in the center of the map. That single guardian on the beach was whoopin my ass. I came back with a horse and thats what worked to beat him. I ran into him with my horse which tipped him over and i ran around and cut his legs off and he couldn't tip back over so I think with my weak ass weapons I ended up beating him with a boko bat or something. Thats what worked for me and I stuck to it. Ive heard of people approaching them on foot and deflecting beams and all of that. Ive tried it, the beams never go straight back so Im not parrying correctly but when I needed the parts and all that I just went to my tried and true method.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:whoa: I wouldnt describe it as pro shyt at all. Its straight survival. I only had 3 hearts and was still exploring the game and had made my way down to komo shoreline which is the most southern point dead in the center of the map. That single guardian on the beach was whoopin my ass. I came back with a horse and thats what worked to beat him. I ran into him with my horse which tipped him over and i ran around and cut his legs off and he couldn't tip back over so I think with my weak ass weapons I ended up beating him with a boko bat or something. Thats what worked for me and I stuck to it. Ive heard of people approaching them on foot and deflecting beams and all of that. Ive tried it, the beams never go straight back so Im not parrying correctly but when I needed the parts and all that I just went to my tried and true method.
Damn dog you slapped that shyt over like a pimp did a hoe like that motherfukker stole something. I'm inspired! I want to try this shyt now. thanks man

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You definitely learn something new about this game everyday. I never used the powers (revalis gale, daruks protection) because I thought that once they were gone that's it. I didn't realize they recharge. I just best two white lynels back to back using daruks protection.

And that's probably super simple but I still haven't read spoilers and tips and tricks. Once I really get bored of the game im going to buy a nice hard copy guide with everything in it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You definitely learn something new about this game everyday. I never used the powers (revalis gale, daruks protection) because I thought that once they were gone that's it. I didn't realize they recharge. I just best two white lynels back to back using daruks protection.

And that's probably super simple but I still haven't read spoilers and tips and tricks. Once I really get bored of the game im going to buy a nice hard copy guide with everything in it.
Yeah For some dumb ass reason I thought the same until a Lynel killed me when I had ran out of fairies, mipha revived me. Then I noticed the meter started slowly filling up. That's when I realized they recharge.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah For some dumb ass reason I thought the same until a Lynel killed me when I had ran out of fairies, mipha revived me. Then I noticed the meter started slowly filling up. That's when I realized they recharge.

Is there a point in continuing to upgrade the gear? I am hunting and killing lynels because I want to upgrade the barbarian gear but it only upgrades the defense and iono if I want to keep hunting if the only thing that'll change is defense. Do they Max out after 3? How many times can you upgrade gear?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Is there a point in continuing to upgrade the gear? I am hunting and killing lynels because I want to upgrade the barbarian gear but it only upgrades the defense and iono if I want to keep hunting if the only thing that'll change is defense. Do they Max out after 3? How many times can you upgrade gear?
It not only upgrades defense, the set bonus upgrades your attack power each time. Only two armors grant attack bonus. Barbarian and Fierce Deity.

But don't eat attack bonus meals while wearing attack bonus armor. It doesn't multiply in that case. I've done a lot of armor research.

concise

Veteran
Daps

I do this too, but I like to keep striking to avoid them getting up.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
It not only upgrades defense, the set bonus upgrades your attack power each time. Only two armors grant attack bonus. Barbarian and Fierce Deity.

But don't eat attack bonus meals while wearing attack bonus armor. It doesn't multiply in that case. I've done a lot of armor research.
I thought the ancient armor grant an attack bonus when using ancient weapons

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do this too, but I like to keep striking to avoid them getting up.
Im rusty as shyt. I used to have my figure 8 patterns down pat. Idk...I havent played in a couple of weeks, ive been fishing. and I have killed any guardians for a while longer because ive been going back to do sidequests and just ignoring guardians and lynels for the most part. I went back into the castle yesterday and beat gannon again. I forgot how to beat his second glowing phase for a minute. I really got rusty but its all coming back. The principle is the same. Just hit'em and slash as you hit'em and theyll tip over. If your fast with the figure 8s theyll stay tipped and you can cut the legs, otherwise while they're tipped hop off the horse and tip the legs then theyll stay tipped and they cant shoot lasers while your facing their belly because they cant see you

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Damn haven't posted in arcadium in a while but got a switch at launch.

Been playing Zelda since launch and I'm like halfway done with 2 dungeons complete and 46 shrines. 70 hours of gameplay. This game is too much. Been avoiding threads cause don't want to be spoiled