The Legend of Korra

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
That combustion girl can change the trajectory of her blasts :ohhh:

That was unreal. She was bending around corners and shyt.

I just rewatched that part and :wow: .

Korra: Your trusted advisor is the one who betrayed us. He was lying about the guard. :hmm:

Su: :guilty: ...what? No!

Yeah, Suyin was real suspect during that part. I think Aiwei knows too much, but he's not the traitor. Suyin is. Aiwei shouldn't have framed that young boy like that, though. Mako has a lot of flaws, but he's a damned good detective. He knew something was wrong.

breh you notice that little side glance by Su when they told her about the traitor?

i can't trust anybody :lupe:

I know, man. I know. That was really suspect. And it was not only that, but the fact that Lin is finally opening up to Suyin and accepting her and Suyin wasn't thankful or grateful, she was ... off. And then she betrays Lin at the very end. Suyin knows what's up. Lin's gonna tear her a new a$$hole.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I don't know if Old Zuko can but he couldn't in the OG series.

Iroh even tried to teach him but Zuko was never able to because...basically lightningbending requires peace of mind and Zuko just had too much angst. :manny:

Azula was lightning bending, though. She was the first one to be shown doing it in the series, right? And she's the personification of Obsessive Hate. Then, when she got chained up at the end, she lightning bended like a mo'fo, just out of control. I'd have to watch again, but didn't Zuko finally do it?

(That reminds me: what would be the real reason Bolin can't metalbend?)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Azula was lightning bending, though. She was the first one to be shown doing it in the series, right? And she's the personification of Obsessive Hate. Then, when she got chained up at the end, she lightning bended like a mo'fo, just out of control. I'd have to watch again, but didn't Zuko finally do it?

(That reminds me: what would be the real reason Bolin can't metalbend?)

I guess Azula was just that good. :manny:

But no, Zuko never learned lightningbending in the OG series. The only people that could do it were Azula, Ozai, and Iroh. Even in the Search comics (about Zuko and Azula looking for their moms) that take place a year after the end of the series, he still wasn't able to lightningbend.

What happened was that, since he couldn't lightningbend, Iroh showed him a technique to redirect lightning, and he used that in the last fight against Azula. So basically Zuko (in the OG series) can't lightningbend, but if someone who can tries to shoot him, he can redirect the lighting back at them.

I doubt there's any particular reason Bolin can't metalbend, he just didn't pick it up as fast as Korra. He'll probably manage it in the season finale or something. :manny:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont understand what the red lotus motive could be? they obviously dont want to kill korrk

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so we gonna act like this aint a step into that process huh breh :comeon:
yeah because there's a season and a half left and the show is over anyway. Nick is the one that wanted this show and renewed it the creators just wanted to one and done it. This is basically their admission that their core audience that typically watches the channel isn't the same audience that watches the show. they also botched things with those leaks and went into panic mode and the show started airing with no real advertising.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
yeah because there's a season and a half left and the show is over anyway. Nick is the one that wanted this show and renewed it the creators just wanted to one and done it. This is basically their admission that their core audience that typically watches the channel isn't the same audience that watches the show. they also botched things with those leaks and went into panic mode and the show started airing with no real advertising.

I hate to be the one to admit it, but this show is gone. They will probably cease production on Book 4. The only thing that really hindered it was the lack of promotion, and the infamous slot-o-death. Those who were watching it, were faithful. I think Nick just wants to go in another direction. Think about it, as the show got darker and dark, it's pulled...mid-season?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I hate to be the one to admit it, but this show is gone. They will probably cease production on Book 4. The only thing that really hindered it was the lack of promotion, and the infamous slot-o-death. Those who were watching it, were faithful. I think Nick just wants to go in another direction. Think about it, as the show got darker and dark, it's pulled...mid-season?
the other seasons of Korra came on Fridays too. I doubt they cancel the 4th season as they already renewed it for the 4. where they fukked up is after that leak they just started randomly showing the series. if somebody didn't post the start on Facebook i wouldn't have even known it was airing.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Good ep this week :wow:

Y'all know Su is a traitor right :mjpls:

I see nikkas claiming Aiwei is Su's daddy now. Yeah, they're both dark-skinned, and Aiwei is a bad ass himself to have learned TruthTelling (looks like that's an aspect of Earthbending most benders don't bother to learn, except Toph. Maybe Bolin can learn it, instead of metalbending), so why wouldn't Toph have had a fling with him. If Aiwei is Su's daddy, then those weird looks Su had when the gang was talking about Aiwei .... nah.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
http://www.avatarspirit.net/

every Friday at 12pm (noon) Eastern time on nick.com/korra, the official Korra site. The website is region-locked, so international viewers will unfortunately not be able to stream the episodes there.

So remember to tune in this Friday at noon ET for the very first new TLOK web-premiere -- episode 309, The Stakeout (episode summary: Korra learns the truth about the group that is planning to destroy her).

animeflavor will have non-US viewers covered, right?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I see nikkas claiming Aiwei is Su's daddy now. Yeah, they're both dark-skinned, and Aiwei is a bad ass himself to have learned TruthTelling (looks like that's an aspect of Earthbending most benders don't bother to learn, except Toph. Maybe Bolin can learn it, instead of metalbending), so why wouldn't Toph have had a fling with him. If Aiwei is Su's daddy, then those weird looks Su had when the gang was talking about Aiwei .... nah.

:what:

Aiwei is way too young to be Su's father. Toph would be in her 80s at this point and Su's dad would be somewhere around the same age. Aiwei looks like he's in his 50s, or maybe 60 max.