The Legend of Korra

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
If you guys had to guess....

Which nation represents which real life counterpart.

I got the Air Nomads as the Siam Empire.

Water Tribes as Eskimoes

Earth Republic as China

Fire Nation as Japan

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
If you guys had to guess....

Which nation represents which real life counterpart.

I got the Air Nomads as the Siam Empire.

Water Tribes as Eskimoes

Earth Republic as China

Fire Nation as Japan

That's pretty much it. I know that Avatar was/is based on Eastern Asian civilizations and cultures. But I swear that the Fire Nation was symbolic of America. Like the fact that most of the protagonists had Dark or Olive skin, and the fact that the Water Benders were in "Tribes" and the Fire Benders were a "Nation". Similar to how Africa has Tribes, and America is a nation. The fire nation were oppressors and destroyers, while the Water Tribes were of peace and healing. The water tribes were "dark" people and the the fire nation was "white". All of the nations lived in peace and everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Which could be a metaphor for the world prior to American slavery. They trusted them, and they got backstabbed. It was nice to see that in a Cartoon for once. Acknowledging different cultures and traditions. I don't think that's a coincidence. And if the back story isn't enough to support that theory. Then this might be

The same way that Kuvira takes inspirations from Hitler.

aVQBwmP_700b.jpg

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
That's pretty much it. I know that Avatar was/is based on Eastern Asian civilizations and cultures. But I swear that the Fire Nation was symbolic of America. Like the fact that most of the protagonists had Dark or Olive skin, and the fact that the Water Benders were in "Tribes" and the Fire Benders were a "Nation". Similar to how Africa has Tribes, and America is a nation. The fire nation were oppressors and destroyers, while the Water Tribes were of peace and healing. The water tribes were "dark" people and the the fire nation was "white". All of the nations lived in peace and everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Which could be a metaphor for the world prior to American slavery. They trusted them, and they got backstabbed. It was nice to see that in a Cartoon for once. Acknowledging different cultures and traditions. I don't think that's a coincidence. And if the back story isn't enough to support that theory. Then this might be

The same way that Kuvira takes inspirations from Hitler.

aVQBwmP_700b.jpg

I could see that but I think you right.

The nations in Avatar universe seem to be all East Asian.

Makes me wonder what an earth bending Avatar would have to go up against in the future.

Maybe the Air Nomads can take their turn being the bad guys.

We already had the Fire Nation in TLA that was contolled by a bad guy.

Earth Nation in LOK that was controlled by a hateful Queen.

NWT had Unalaq, but the Air Nation is looked at as the one "pure nation". A period in time in which they could be the ones that the Avatar must stop would be interesting.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm kinda mad they didn't mentioned him more in LOK. Looked like he was head of the water nation for some time no ?

Yeah, he went into politics repping the Southern Water Tribe in Republic City council and became chief later. Messed up the Red Lotus plan to kidnap Korra and got a statue for his works before passing away. :mjcry:

Nothing about Suki or whether he ever settled down and had a family. Almost makes me wish that Varrick was his son.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
If you guys had to guess do you think that Zaheer had some type of connection to the Air Nation. Was he studying them becuase his parents were airbenders, but he was bron without the ability to bend.

Also was bending more common in the Air Nation?

It seems like the only people they talk about in TLA are the airbenders themselves. What about those who could not bend.

Wish we could see a proper villain take control of at least most of the Air Nation if they do a part 3.