The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Finished part 1 a few weeks ago. Halfway through part 2 and will start 3 after. Trying to finish evening everything up before 4 launches in the fall. I like the pacing a lot better than 1.

Also Rean, Laura, Fie, Emma is a beastly setup (Alisa and Elliott for support)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got to love the random/entertaining side quests they got in these games - got me out here putting some idiot through a bracer test and teaching geography to nosy brats at Sunday school. :russ:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got to love the places in this game - Ordis and Crossbell are just :wow:

Also wtf is wrong with this Angelica chick. :russ:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Didn't know there was a thread for this series. Playing through cold steel 1 right now close to the end of chapter 6. Should be done with the game soon and going to 2 this weekend. Really enjoy the game but shyt is wordy as fukk thank God for turbo mode.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The end fight on Ch. 3 had me scratching my head until I went full on old school and abused s-crafts/items. :whew:

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
first 3 are crack csnt wait till 4 comes out. Alot of people saying to beat the other 5 before this comes out cuz characters from the other two arcs are prominent in the 4th game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
first 3 are crack csnt wait till 4 comes out. Alot of people saying to beat the other 5 before this comes out cuz characters from the other two arcs are prominent in the 4th game.
I would say probably Zero and Ao for sure. That game is as much a sequel to those as it is the Cold Steel games as the plots of those two series have joined together. I would argue that the story and characters from the Sky series are better than Cold Steel. Zero and Ao are about on par. If you made it through the third game and all the references didn’t bother you I guess you’d be fine. Having Tita around in CS3 for example was nice because that’s a main character and party member of the Sky series. Same with Agate but he was in 3 far less. Olivert is probably mostly lost on you as a character if you didn’t play the Sky series.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
I would say probably Zero and Ao for sure. That game is as much a sequel to those as it is the Cold Steel games as the plots of those two series have joined together. I would argue that the story and characters from the Sky series are better than Cold Steel. Zero and Ao are about on par. If you made it through the third game and all the references didn’t bother you I guess you’d be fine. Having Tita around in CS3 for example was nice because that’s a main character and party member of the Sky series. Same with Agate but he was in 3 far less. Olivert is probably mostly lost on you as a character if you didn’t play the Sky series.

Yea i copped the other 5 so far. Waiting on that geofront translation for Ao. Got the one for zero and the first 3 on steam in english.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yea i copped the other 5 so far. Waiting on that geofront translation for Ao. Got the one for zero and the first 3 on steam in english.
I played the early fan translations of both Zero and Ao and don’t regret it. Ao’s translation seemed better than Zero’s but the Geofront one wasn’t out back then. It’s probably questionable if the revised Ao gets released before CS4 if that comes out this fall.