The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PC, Switch, PS5, PS4) (July 7, 2023)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
One of my few day one games next year. Really though I wish we were moving on from Erebonia and Crossbell already.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
One of my few day one games next year. Really though I wish we were moving on from Erebonia and Crossbell already.

Am I missing something. How do they keep getting away with releasing these ps2 era looking games for 60 dollars lol

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Waiting for Kuro.
I highly suspect 1 comes out next year. Idk if they will follow up with Kuro 2 like Falcom did or bring uo Ys X.

With that being said given what I know about Kuro II while only have playing Kuro and the pre-release information for 2. This game is important for the Kuro so I wouldn't skip it, even if it is tempting. Also new protagonist in this game is right up with Kevin as my favorite protagonist of the series.
Am I missing something. How do they keep getting away with releasing these ps2 era looking games for 60 dollars lol
Very small company. Even smaller then Atlus if looking for comparisons. They don't even have an internal team for the west. They have no where near the budget that most people here would expect. Still say these are early PS3 graphics, while their new engine is like early PS4 graphics.

Also lets be honest outside of FF, you are taking a sacrifice on graphics if you are playing modern JRPG's.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Have you seen some of the other Japanese RPGs? Semi-animated drawing with the mouths only animated on them talking taking up most of the screen. This is a very small team independent developer. You aren't ever getting AAA production quality here. The company I don't even think has 100 employees total.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
New trailer and a date of July 7, 2023

I wouldn't look up the voice actors for this game on that behind the voice actors site. It will spoil C's identity. I knew that from back when the game came out in Japan cause I asked a question about Cold Steel IV and was told. It's actually a nice twist.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ooo nice. Gonna replay Zero, Azure and Reverie after Zelda and FF XVI it seems.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sky series 3 games
Crossbell series 2 games
Cold Steel series 4 games
This game.

I would suggest that order. This is like the MCU of games. The world builds upon itself with each game.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I really wanna get into this series. It gives me old Suikoden vibes but it's like a game every month.
You def should take breaks and take your time.

You pretty much can take a break in between any game in this series outside of after Sky FC, CS 1 or CS 3.

Sky 3rd, Azure and Reverie are sequels where I would recommend using as a break point after finishing rather then their predecessor but not a big deal.