The last U.S. military base has withdrawn from Niger 🇳🇪

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
The United States, and its European partners, have overthrown the leaders of many African states and installed dictators to funnel resources to America. That’s neocolonialism.

Killing Patrice Lumumba of DR Congo is but one example. America also overthrew my namesake in Ghana.
You did not list any African countries that the USA colonized. You slid in Europe who actually colonized Africa and now China is colonizing y’all.

The white leaders of usa took resources from Africa and bought Africans from other Africans. They did not colonize y’all. There are no White American colonies or countries in Africa.

The definition of colonize for reference

(of a country or its citizens) send a group of settlers to (a place) and establish political control over it.

The only thing you could claim by definition is when the USA shipped Black Americans to settle in what became Liberia. White Americans were not interested in settling on your continent. They came for resources and left.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
You did not list any African countries that the USA colonized. You slid in Europe who actually colonized Africa and now China is colonizing y’all.

The white leaders of usa took resources from Africa and bought Africans from other Africans. They did not colonize y’all. There are no White American colonies or countries in Africa.

The only thing you could claim by definition is when the USA shipped Black Americans to settle in what became Liberia. White Americans were not interested in settling on your continent. They came for resources and left.
Colonialism is not neocolonialism

the use of economic, political, cultural, or other pressures to control or influence other countries, especially former dependencies.

Maintaining a colony is difficult and costly. Installing easily controllable puppets who funnel the same resources you want from a colony is much easier.

Niger, for all intents and purposes, was a French colony even if it had independence from France. America was more than happy to put bases there to help the French secure control over it.

That's neocolonialism. There will be some bad faith arguments about Russia in here. But it's a false equivalence

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Look at post #19 and think about another comparable phenomenon, Francafrique.

Very scary that you didn’t know about neocolonialism before you decided to chime into this thread!

So people just talk without knowing anything about the subject matter?
:snoop:

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
It is clear that Giselle is not well schooled in political science.
:sas2:

Look at post #19 and think about another comparable phenomenon, Francafrique.

Very scary that you didn’t know about neocolonialism before you decided to chime into this thread!

So people just talk without knowing anything about the subject matter?
:snoop:
Some of you need to go back and read. The person I started a conversation with said “Russia never colonized Africa”. I responded with “usa hasn’t either”. Because you know usa did not colonize africa, you decided to switch the subject to neocolonialism and still got it wrong.

& the same post you suggested to read, the very first sentence is colonialism & neocolonialism is not the same.

Colonialism is not neocolonialism

the use of economic, political, cultural, or other pressures to control or influence other countries, especially former dependencies.

Maintaining a colony is difficult and costly. Installing easily controllable puppets who funnel the same resources you want from a colony is much easier.

Niger, for all intents and purposes, was a French colony even if it had independence from France. America was more than happy to put bases there to help the French secure control over it.

That's neocolonialism. There will be some bad faith arguments about Russia in here. But it's a false equivalence
I know the difference & saw how folks tried to switch the subject.

The articles I’ve read state that Niger and the USA ended their agreement. The USA left peacefully. No forcing anyone to do anything & they both agreed on the USA being there. Neocolonialism is forced not agreed upon and both benefitted from their agreement.

You can’t ask the usa to give you millions & militarily help in exchange for their military etc being there then claim it’s neocolonialism when they left peacefully when you asked.

Now, if you would’ve said the Horn of Africa, that’s debatable.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Some of you need to go back and read. The person I started a conversation with said “Russia never colonized Africa”. I responded with “usa hasn’t either”. Because you know usa did not colonize africa, you decided to switch the subject to neocolonialism and still got it wrong.

& the same post you suggested to read, the very first sentence is colonialism & neocolonialism is not the same.

I know the difference & saw how folks tried to switch the subject.

The articles I’ve read state that Niger and the USA ended their agreement. The USA left peacefully. No forcing anyone to do anything & they both agreed on the USA being there. Neocolonialism is forced not agreed upon and both benefitted from their agreement.

You can’t ask the usa to give you millions & militarily help in exchange for their military etc being there then claim it’s neocolonialism when they left peacefully when you asked.

Now, if you would’ve said the Horn of Africa, that’s debatable.
I don’t understand your point in saying this?

The United States has committed atrocities such as assassinating African leaders such as Patrice lumumba and ghaddafi

The terrorists groups that they armed in Libya are now killing Africans and trying to take their land.

The US had military bases in the region yet terrorism thrived. The Sahel countries like Burkina Faso kicked out the western militaries and now they’re defeating the terrorists with nowhere near the firepower and resources that the western countries had.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
How is this a good thing when they replaced one white with another .
Russia has sent instructors and military equipment to Burkina Faso. They aren’t actually building a base and occupying like the US.

The terrorists that are killing Africans are there because the United States.

Africa and Russia have a common enemy: the western alliance of white supremacist nations.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

Good luck.

I remember when y’all were slurping China

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang