The last U.S. military base has withdrawn from Niger 🇳🇪

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Colonialism is not neocolonialism

the use of economic, political, cultural, or other pressures to control or influence other countries, especially former dependencies.

Maintaining a colony is difficult and costly. Installing easily controllable puppets who funnel the same resources you want from a colony is much easier.

Niger, for all intents and purposes, was a French colony even if it had independence from France. America was more than happy to put bases there to help the French secure control over it.

That's neocolonialism. There will be some bad faith arguments about Russia in here. But it's a false equivalence
By that definition..

Russia and China have “colonized” Africa too

Why would trading one colonizer for another be a thing to celebrate?

that guy

Superstar
Daps
And a year later:

Did you actually read the article you posted?

Also:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I know there's not some people in here speaking on African politics yet crying when Africans speak on their politics

Thats defo not what I'm seeing rn

Americans, regardless of their skin color, want Africans to be subservient to whites.

Its an imperialist c00n mindset

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Make the argument. Describe how Russia and China are neocolonialists
They both use economic and political pressure to control or influence African countries.

Do you want links to examples?

Is this the first time you’ve heard of what China and Russia have been doing in Africa?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps

I mean we can go back and forth.
You post videos of specific people giving their opinion on Russia and Chinese neocolonists..

I’ll just respond with documented abuses by the neocolonialists

:yeshrug:

Russia and China have influence on the African nations that allow them in. This is by definition colonialism by your own words.

You can only argue that they are better colonists than the previous ones… but denying they are colonists is going against your own argument and definition.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps

I mean we can go back and forth.
You post videos of specific people giving their opinion on Russia and Chinese neocolonists..

I’ll just respond with documented abuses by the neocolonialists

Russia and China have influence on the African nations that allow them in. This is by definition colonialism by your own words.

You can only argue that they are better colonists than the previous ones… but denying they are colonists is going against your own argument and definition.

I didn't define colonialism, I defined neocolonialism and that is not what is happening.

But let's use your logic and argument. By your logic, America is an Israeli colony because Israel influences American culture and politics. Is that what you are arguing?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I didn't define colonialism, I defined neocolonialism and that is not what is happening.

But let's use your logic and argument. By your logic, America is an Israeli colony because Israel influences American culture and politics. Is that what you are arguing?
1. A person spoke about colonialism and you responded with the definition of neocolonialism as though they were interchangeable. I just ran with it.

2. It is according to your definition of neocolonialism

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Americans neocolonialists in are funny

They act like the US didn’t participate in the Berlin Conference that divided Africa :mjlol:

(Not to speak of the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Hawaii etc.)
:sas2: