The Last of Us | PS3/PS4

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I sent you guys a lot of psn requests

Will they have online co op or just multiplayer?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
yooooo

i just realised last of us and man of steel drop on the same day

Matt%20Damon%20is%20happy.gif

:blessed:

brehs this bout to be a feast of epic proportions :wow:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Ever since The Last of Us was revealed, Naughty Dog has promised that its upcoming game would feature a multiplayer component. Yet, although we're just a week away from the game's release, there's been little revealed on what that would entail. In fact, we knew more about multiplayer DLC than how it actually plays.

Well, until now. Last week, Sony invited us to play the game's two multiplayer modes. We walked away impressed by how well the survival action gameplay of the campaign translates in a competitive environment. However, with only two modes, we're concerned about the longevity of the game's online offerings.

The Last of Us multiplayer

Called "Factions," The Last of Us' online multiplayer has you aligning yourself with one of two factions: Hunters or Fireflies (their roles are explained in the single player campaign). This initial selection is permanent, and cannot be changed until either completing the "story" that frames the entire multiplayer experience, or having your clan wiped out.

I put "story" in quotes because while there is a narrative that gives structure to what would otherwise be random encounters, it isn't particularly deep. Regardless of which faction you choose, your ultimate goal is to grow your clan and have it survive. To grow your clan, you'll need to win multiplayer matches, while collecting supplies and completing objectives. Every match progresses the "story" one day forward, and you'll see your population rise and fall based on your success and failure.

You can sign into Facebook and have the game auto-populate your faction with real-life friends. As your clan grows, you'll see various status updates: Bob is planting crops, Diana is learning how to play music, etc. However, during crucial moments in the twelve week story, you'll have to make key decisions--perhaps choosing if either Charles or Edna get to live, for example. It's largely cosmetic, but it's nonetheless a cute way of adding a unique personality to TLOU's multiplayer.

But, how does multiplayer function? Both modes--Supply Raid and Survivors--are, essentially, variations of Team Deathmatch. In Supply Raid, teams have a finite pool of respawns, while in Survivors, every player has only one life in each round--there are no respawns.

As we've noted in previous previews of the single-player campaign, approaching The Last of Us like an Uncharted game will result in utter failure. Multiplayer makes that even more clear. While TLOU has all the dressings of a standard third-person cover shooter, the limited ammo and lack of regenerative health force players to approach combat quite differently. Running and gunning almost certainly results in quick death.

Instead, multiplayer encourages the same kind of methodical play that the single-player does. Many of the systems are carried over into MP, including crafting. Having a molotov cocktail can significantly turn the tides of a battle--and you'll find yourself looking for drop points searching for the materials necessary to craft these valuable items. Shivs will let you instantly and silently kill opponents you sneak behind, while bombs can be strategically placed on the map to kill unsuspecting foes. Melee weapon upgrades are my go-to item to craft: it will give you the edge if you and another player are caught in a fisticuffs duel.

Craft a molotov cocktail to lob at enemies.

You'll want to crouch often and make your way through the environment slowly, as the radar highlights any sound that's made. And obviously, weapons are an obvious giveaway of your position. Like in single-player, you'll be able to "listen" to your environment using L2, which lets you see an moving player in your immediate vicinity. Because every player is keenly aware of sound and motion, it behooves you to be very aware of your own surroundings.

The meta game does add an interesting wrinkle to every multiplayer match, because there are always additional considerations to make in every battle. Oftentimes, there will be specific objectives you'll need to accomplish--like getting a certain number of kills by a certain deadline. In addition, you'll want to evaluate how you want to use your supplies. During the match, you'll collect supplies which can be used to buy upgraded weapons or one-time use items. However, you can also choose not to spend any of those supplies, to transfer them to your clan and potentially grow your faction. Of course, maybe having that upgraded rifle would give you the edge in battle…

Multiplayer in The Last of Us successfully captures the high-tension gunplay that defines the single-player campaign. However, it's bizarre that there are only two modes to choose from, given the many possibilities afforded by the world of TLOU. Most notably, there are no modes where any of the Infected are involved. There's no horde mode, there's no co-op mode, nor is there a mode where you can play as one of the Infected. Undoubtedly, more modes will be introduced via DLC, but with only two modes at launch, it begins to feel repetitive quite quickly.

The Last of Us will be available on PS3 next week. We'll have our review of the entire game on Wednesday.

molotov-throw-tlou-mp_25937.nphd.jpg

fireflies-tlou-mp_25937.nphd.jpg

The Last of Us multiplayer preview: survival - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Game articles suck. What do they mean grow your clan? Will it be CPU controlled ppl or your friends or what? MP sounds good so far. Don't need a COD third person clone with kill streaks, unlimited ammo, etc. Just keep it simple. I hope they add an objective based mode though

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Game articles suck. What do they mean grow your clan? Will it be CPU controlled ppl or your friends or what? MP sounds good so far. Don't need a COD third person clone with kill streaks, unlimited ammo, etc. Just keep it simple. I hope they add an objective based mode though

its with real people breh, Sounds interesting and pretty different from games I've played before.

:ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A constant battle against the odds as you desperately try to stay alive by fashioning a makeshift health pack, the panic that is rife in the main game has been transferred to online extremely well. During (and between) rounds you're able to upgrade your weapons, or add to your inventory as long as you have the right tools. Given that Naughty Dog has seen fit to be quite restrictive with the amount of ammo that's dished out, it adds a new layer to proceedings, one where if you try and rely on nothing but running and gunning you'll be killed.
-Videogamer

The Last Of Us Multiplayer: All The Facts - NowGamer
The Last Of Us Multiplayer Is Kind Of Like Counter Strike

Gear is a currency of sorts and is earned as you battle through a match. Killing enemies, scoring headshots or surviving the round the longest earns you additional Gear and this can, in turn, be used for purchases between rounds. You’re going to want to save this early on to ensure you buy the armour. Enabling you to take a considerable amount of extra damage, this is a must-have and will help you survive in a gunfight.

After that you can purchase additional ammo – though you’ll begin each round with a base set of ammo – as well as expensive upgrades for each of the two weapons you’re carrying. All upgrades are carried through each round for as long as they exist – so unspent extra ammo and unbroken armour – meaning they are important methods to improve your game. It’s not quite as in-depth as Counter Strike’s system – which enables a lot more adaptive choices depending on enemy play style – but it’s an enjoyable twist on typical multiplayer gameplay.

It ties into the loadouts system too, a system similar to the one we’ve already seen in Uncharted’s multiplayer. Enabling the customisation of passive effects – such as stronger melee attacks and the like – that will help tailor your character to your play style. If you like stealth, for example, you’ll want the ability to detect people for longer or improved hearing range. It’ll give you an advantage and though your enemies can use the same, it’ll be useful all the same. All this is limited by loadout points, however, so don't worry about characters feeling overpowered. Upgraded weapons - in other words, silenced or scoped weapons - cost more points, but you'll unlock more as you 'level' up. There's a careful balancing act available here: do you want the silenced weapon, or would you opt for two weaker passive buffs? Or instead how about a single powerful buff? It's interesting, and something that can't really be tested until the release date and the masses get involved.

Leaked MP video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ejL44YihoU8
The gameplay looks decent :ehh:
Seems bullet spongey and whatnot but I would have to play to see what it's like. At a glance, it looks like Gears/Socom.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
-Videogamer

The Last Of Us Multiplayer: All The Facts - NowGamer

Leaked MP video
The Last of Us Multiplayer Gameplay - YouTube
The gameplay looks decent :ehh:
Seems bullet spongey and whatnot but I would have to play to see what it's like. At a glance, it looks like Gears/Socom.

I hope they fine tune that bulletdamage breh. Way too many shots close range with a revolver to kill someone(which has increasingly become a problem with ND MP). And that last sequence where the player ran through a hail of bullets to melee the guy was :flabbyhov: Nonetheless it looks good

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I hope they fine tune that bulletdamage breh. Way too many shots close range with a revolver to kill someone(which has increasingly become a problem with ND MP). And that last sequence where the player ran through a hail of bullets to melee the guy was :flabbyhov: Nonetheless it looks good
so u dont want a COD clone but u wanna kill niccas in two shots :stopitslime:....i hate COD cuz of that "realistic" bullshyt, which is why niccas camp all fukkin day since all they gotta do is shoot u twice before u can turn the fuk around :comeon:....im cool with the uncharted damage (mostly becuz im a monSTAR in that game) :win:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
so u dont want a COD clone but u wanna kill niccas in two shots :stopitslime:....i hate COD cuz of that "realistic" bullshyt, which is why niccas camp all fukkin day since all they gotta do is shoot u twice before u can turn the fuk around :comeon:....im cool with the uncharted damage (mostly becuz im a monSTAR in that game) :win:

:katt:

Are you a crack smoker?

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
multiplayer looks solid but its the same ol same ol

from the vid I saw I describe it as a less arcadey version of Uncharted's MP....mixed with Max Payne's MP

I'm buying for the SP anyway so :manny: