'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
showtime ALWAYS gives u at least 10 episodes for all of their successful series and will run them straight into the ground. starz has been pumping out 10 episodes of everything in the power universe for the past 10 years at this point. at least they are hella consistent.

even when showtime had SUPER successful shows like shameless and dexter, they used to give us at least 12 episodes EVERY year. none of this 2 years off bullshyt. I remember one year, shameless did two seasons in the same calendar year. they don't fukk around.
Longer production times and shorter seasons are the price you’re gonna have to pay for some of the prestige content that HBO offers. To them, it’s quality over quantity. :manny:

It’s really not a bother for me because I vividly remember how much mediocrity overall came out during the middemic, along with the after-effects on the industry.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Cause they out here blowing 20-30 million dollars an episode on a lot of their shows but they aren't doing the GoT numbers of old to justify it. But it's good TV and it brings attention so they give you just enough. Look at a show like The Wire. Never once did it make it's money back in viewership but it was so fukking good they let it ride as long as they could.

That's why HBO is the goat. They won't dump good shows just cause people aren't watching.
If you remember they tried to dump the Wire several times..

There was a long gap between season 3 and 4 and they cut season 5 short on the episode count

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If you remember they tried to dump the Wire several times..

There was a long gap between season 3 and 4 and they cut season 5 short on the episode count
Yea but they don't have to try lol, they own it. They could have cut that shyt like most networks would have. But even without winning awards, it was seen as one of the best shows of all time, and they couldn't give up that. So they did what they doing now.... Cut it down but tell the story

• Dap
Reactions: 904

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GULc9pfWQAAchOX
GULc6HfXwAAR8Ma
GULksR1WwAA5Iy5

GULcxoFXwAAoo2T

GULcodIWcAAsDTE

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
7 episodes :beli: why do I feel this got David Zaslav bytch ass all over this

I'm so sick of HBO shortchanging us with these mini-seasons.

this did NOT happen in the hey day of:

the wire
sopranos
oz
curb
six feet under
GoT
boardwalk empire
veep
silicon valley

but now they either giving us way less episodes or making us wait 2-3 years between seasons. they are currently doing that with all their flagship shows

HOTD
euphoria
white lotus
industry
the last of us
succession