'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
As far as the deal with Joel and Marlene goes, it was to get Ellie to the statehouse. He did that but the fireflies were dead. So no, Joel did not reneged on the mission. The promise to Tess was based on Tess guilt tripping him into doing it and was just to get her to Bill and Franks. Also, Marlene didnt tell them anything about Ellie being the cure. Remember the scene when they were leaving the QZ and Joel had to kill the officer that checked Ellie? It doesnt matter that Marlene is the reason Joel knows Ellie tbh.

3. Uh yea, because Ellie dying was never pose to happen. Ellie had plans to do the sheep farm stuff with Joel after visiting the fireflies, so she obviously planned on a future.
All great points. Totally forgot that Joel only found out she was the cure after the cop scene, at which point Ellie had to confess. Yet, she only said that she'd be used to help the cure. She never said she was traveling to her death bed.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yep.

I have a daughter

While I was watching I never ONCE questioned Joel’s decision except that he let the nurses live. He should’ve capped them too because in those circumstances you leave NO witnesses. Don’t want no rumors or myths or stories of some magically immune child out there running free.

I MIGHT have told her the truth because in my head cannon of me being in this situation, this is a young black girl i’m protecting and have emotionally adopted. I would have explained to her that restoring humanity to its former “glory” is nothing more than a lie, as modern day humanity wasn’t good to black people anyway and at least in this “new” reality survival seems to be more important than racism. I would have told her that HER LIFE and the right to actually EXIST was the most important thing, not sacrificing herself to a bunch of fraud doctors who would’ve likely bungled vaccine and were in the employment of a rag tag bunch of butt-hurt wannabe Taliban members masquerading as freedom fighters, and doing a TERRIBLE job of that. That her friend Riley’s death can’t be undone just like Sarah’s death couldn’t, but that both of them would have wanted us to live and experience all of the joy, wonder, laughter, and love that LIFE offers. That protecting her and seeing her live a full LIFE of self discovery was now my mission and consequence be damned, even her anger, be it momentary or forever. Because I love her, and any decision that led to her death would have broken me ten times over. That she is the daughter I never thought i’d have. The second chance I never thought i’d earn.

Or maybe I would’ve lied just like Joel.

Either way baby girl coming back to Jackson. THAT is a guarantee
As a proud member of #GirlDad affiliated, I do admit the themes of TLOU do hit different

How am I supposed to believe 20 years later a rag tag bunch of people
1- after 20 years of no innovation, got the technology to make a cure
2- got the infrastructure to mass produce it
3-will be able to convince enough people to actually take it

We saw with covid in real time nikkas had to bust they ass to make a vaccine and mass produce it and nikkas still wouldn’t take it :dead:

Now imagine trying to make a cure for something like cordyceps with windows 95 ass technology in 2023 :dead:

Me and baby girl would be eatin s’mores watchin reruns of living single with the rest of them in Jackson. I’ll let y’all nikkas try to convince the David and Kathleen’s of the world not to eat or murder y’all cause y’all allegedly got a cure :hubie:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
As a proud member of #GirlDad affiliated, I do admit the themes of TLOU do hit different

How am I supposed to believe 20 years later a rag tag bunch of people
1- after 20 years of no innovation, got the technology to make a cure
2- got the infrastructure to mass produce it
3-will be able to convince enough people to actually take it

We saw with covid in real time nikkas had to bust they ass to make a vaccine and mass produce it and nikkas still wouldn’t take it :dead:

Now imagine trying to make a cure for something like cordyceps with windows 95 ass technology in 2023 :dead:

Me and baby girl would be eatin s’mores watchin reruns of living single with the rest of them in Jackson. I’ll let y’all nikkas try to convince the David and Kathleen’s of the world not to eat or murder y’all cause y’all allegedly got a cure :hubie:
Well, to be fair, if they pulled it off, it wouldn't look like COVID vaccine hesitancy. It would look like the Polio vaccine rollout: Lines out the door from Chicago to Salt Lake City to Tokyo and everywhere in between. People's "risk tolerance" was much, much higher to help prevent an infection that snatched the President's legs...that risk tolerance would carry over to a fungal infection with a 100% fatality rate.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
LOL, OK dude. Just continue to deny reality even when given ample evidence and proof. The producers of the show (Craig Mazin & Neil Druckmann) have also said the same thing.

"It allowed us to feel almost heartbroken by what Joel was doing and what he was breaking inside of himself and how he was betraying something that he probably knows Ellie wouldn’t want him to do."

SOURCE: 'The Last of Us': Did You Recognize the Music During the Hospital Scene?

But I guess I'm supposed to believe you and not the creators of the show or the actor who plays Ellie :skip:
Believe me? What are you talking about? It's a discussion on how we viewing stuff in the show. There is no right or wrong when it comes to how ppl view Joel and Ellie's motives. Even in that quote I read it as Ellie wouldnt want him murdering all those fireflies in cold blood. Im sure she views all them as innocents. None of the quotes you pulled prove Ellie wanted to die.

All I asked was "Give me something from season 1 that said Ellie would've been ok with dying for the cure and leaving Joel"
You have failed each and every time to provide evidence.

Ellie sees Joel as a father.
Ellie is afraid to be left alone, why would she leave Joel alone. Callback to the shyt with Riley.
They have saved each other's lives several times.
Joel just told her she was the reason his hurt from his daughter is finally healing.....not time.
Joel just told her he tried to kill himself when he lost Sara. So she knows he may try to do that again if Joel loses her.

I leave you with a scene from the show, where she is planning for the future with Joel, not planning to to die. This isnt someone ready to die for the cause.
Ln24u9O.gif

Dont bother responding if you can't use what the show gives you to back anything up with your pov. The fact you gotta do all this juelzing with the shyt outside of the show proves w/e point you trying to prove is a bad one.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Believe me? What are you talking about? It's a discussion on how we viewing stuff in the show. There is no right or wrong when it comes to how ppl view Joel and Ellie's motives. Even in that quote I read it as Ellie wouldnt want him murdering all those fireflies in cold blood. Im sure she views all them as innocents. None of the quotes you pulled prove Ellie wanted to die.

All I asked was "Give me something from season 1 that said Ellie would've been ok with dying for the cure and leaving Joel"

Ellie is afraid to be left alone, why would she leave Joel alone. Callback to the shyt with Riley.
Joel just told her she was the reason his hurt from his daughter is finally healing.....not time.
Joel just told her he tried to kill himself when he lost Sara. So she knows he may try to do that again if Joel loses her.

I leave you with a scene from the show, where she is planning for the future with Joel, not planning to to die. This isnt someone ready to die for the cause.
Ln24u9O.gif

Dont bother responding if you can't use what the show gives you to back anything up with your pov. The fact you gotta do all this juelzing with the shyt outside of the show proves w/e point you trying to prove is a bad one.
Got damn :wow:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

Ln24u9O.gif

OK breh, you are really dense. I've already given you multiple quotes and events from the show in my previous posts. All you have done is deflect or completely ignore them.

Also, I've given you confirmation FROM THE ACTOR WHO F*CKING PLAYS ELLIE AND THE SHOW CREATORS - and yet you still deny reality. So I don't give a f*ck about what you think or believe.

Got damn what? He said a whole bunch of nothing.