'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Why did they make Sarah biracial? This race swapping nonsense really needs to end. Just stay true to the game.

And yes, I’m black before I get the CAC accusations. I read at one point they were considering

Mahershala Ali for Joel. shyt just seems like shyt stirring to generate controversy.

It's likely because Ali was going to be Joel and they already had Nico either cast or in mind. A lot of changes happened casting wise regarding the show, like Bill's original actor left before filming then Nick Offerman was cast. Melanie Lynskey was added later during filming as an original character. They also reshot the first two episodes and merged it into the pilot, which is why it's a 9 episode season. Kantemir Balagov was the original director but he left due to creative differences.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
i seent her and i was like. this is a weird casting situation, but she a cute child.. what her momma look like :patrice:. then i was like "oh, ok, i see yall did the thing" her acting was good so it is what it is i suppose.
Breh, you can’t have nuanced discussions on here. I even said Ellie looks miscasted… maybe she’ll grow on me but it takes me out when they cast people who look nothing like the original characters.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Apparently she’s Thandie Newton’s daughter so it seems like it was a case of nepotism.

Not taking away from her acting abilities, I’m just not understanding what’s the motive behind Hollywood doing these things.

It feels more nefarious than anything.

She could be Thandie's daughter all day long; if she didn't have the skills they wouldn't have put her on the show.

I do see your point, but I really don't think there’s an agenda here. Besides, nepotism happens EVERYWHERE.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
It's likely because Ali was going to be Joel and they already had Nico either cast or in mind. A lot of changes happened casting wise regarding the show, like Bill's original actor left before filming then Nick Offerman was cast. Melanie Lynskey was added later during filming as an original character. They also reshot the first two episodes and merged it into the pilot, which is why it's a 9 episode season. Kantemir Balagov was the original director but he left due to creative differences.
Ah ok. Now that makes a lot more sense. I’m glad they didn’t go with Ali in the end. I like him as an actor but again, just stay true to the original. I just don’t get why that’s a controversial opinion? :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
the video game mechanic references in here got me cracking up lmao

wow watching this really got me amped…was about to go back to sleep after watching this but fukk that

hmm I’ll either continue marathoning “vikings” or start “the peacemaker” :jbhmm:
Peacemaker is amazing and John Cena was great

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ah ok. Now that makes a lot more sense. I’m glad they didn’t go with Ali in the end. I like him as an actor but again, just stay true to the original. I just don’t get why that’s a controversial opinion? :yeshrug:

Just let the game be the game and the show be the show