'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why did they make Sarah biracial? This race swapping nonsense really needs to end. Just stay true to the game.

And yes, I’m black before I get the CAC accusations. I read at one point they were considering

Mahershala Ali for Joel. shyt just seems like shyt stirring to generate controversy.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ain’t that right @duck :mjpls:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Cry more.
shyt was lit
Calm down. Did I say it wasn’t? I’m saying changing the races of the character to appease god knows who is insulting and takes away from the integrity of the original. It’s just dumb.

If they made Marlene white or Asian, I would’ve said the same thing.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why did they make Sarah biracial? This race swapping nonsense really needs to end. Just stay true to the game.

And yes, I’m black before I get the CAC accusations. I read at one point they were considering

Mahershala Ali for Joel. shyt just seems like shyt stirring to generate controversy.

Idk. In this case, I genuinely feel like it came down to that actress probably having the best audition. There was no way you weren't moved by her death scene.

She also had great screen presence and lowkey gave off main character energy.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Idk. In this case, I genuinely feel like it came down to that actress probably having the best audition. There was no way you weren't moved by her death scene.

She also had great screen presence and lowkey gave off main character energy.
Apparently she’s Thandie Newton’s daughter so it seems like it was a case of nepotism.

Not taking away from her acting abilities, I’m just not understanding what’s the motive behind Hollywood doing these things.

It feels more nefarious than anything.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
242-CF453-8-AAA-4-B3-F-A6-AD-ABD58-AE956-A6.jpg

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Apparently she’s Thandie Newton’s daughter so it seems like it was a case of nepotism.

Not taking away from her acting abilities, I’m just not understanding what’s the motive behind Hollywood doing these things.

It feels more nefarious than anything.
i seent her and i was like. this is a weird casting situation, but she a cute child.. what her momma look like :patrice:. then i was like "oh, ok, i see yall did the thing" her acting was good so it is what it is i suppose.