'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bigger than the Walking Dead? I doubt it, at least in terms of viewership. That show was MASSIVE at its peak. It averaged 14.38 million viewers an episode in season 5.

For context, Game of Thrones highest season averaged 11.99 and this House of the Dragon show looks like it's getting somewhere in the neighborhood of nearly 11 million, and that's the biggest thing on TV right now outside of sports. The best season of the Sopranos averaged 10.99 million an episode.

So to be bigger than TWD would require it to biggest series HBO has ever aired.
It’s literally the same zombie storyline with a better storyline and a much bigger budget and lore with a huge gamer fan base already tuned in day one. Show has the potential to eclipse WD

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It’s literally the same zombie storyline with a better storyline and a much bigger budget and lore with a huge gamer fan base already tuned in day one. Show has the potential to eclipse WD
May end up being better but it's not going to be bigger.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Will season 1 cover the entire first games story?
That's a very good question. From the teasers we already know the show will at least get to winter. Though from the looks of it, it seems they will deviate from what happens during that part of the game (which makes sense, tbh). That only leaves the last section of the first game to cover, so they would have to create some sort of new plot to leave as a season ending cliffhanger if they want to do the 1st game's ending in Season 2.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
That's a very good question. From the teasers we already know the show will at least get to winter. Though from the looks of it, it seems they will deviate from what happens during that part of the game (which makes sense, tbh). That only leaves the last section of the first game to cover, so they would have to create some sort of new plot to leave as a season ending cliffhanger if they want to do the 1st game's ending in Season 2.
I remember reading somewhere that Pedro Pascal said that season 1 is too short. I don't know if he was just being hyperbolic because it's so good or what.

Would be a letdown(and rushed) if they literally get to the end of the story in part 1 by the end of the season. Do we even know how many episodes season 1 has yet?

If they're going to make this into a multi-season big thing, they're going to need to build a lot of history and love for all the characters that way when Abby and the rest to get introduced it hits that much harder. But then again they killed off Ned Stark in season 1 of Game of Thrones and that hit. So who knows.

Edit:

Just did a quick Google search and apparently season one will have 10 episodes. So roughly 10+ hours of content.

Definitely a lot of time there to get to the end possibly. For perspective from beginning to end Last of Us part 1 cutscenes equals out to about 5 hours. I would prefer if they stretch it out to at least two seasons though for part one.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I remember reading somewhere that Pedro Pascal said that season 1 is too short. I don't know if he was just being hyperbolic because it's so good or what.

Would be a letdown(and rushed) if they literally get to the end of the story in part 1 by the end of the season. Do we even know how many episodes season 1 has yet?

If they're going to make this into a multi-season big thing, they're going to need to build a lot of history and love for all the characters that way when Abby and the rest to get introduced it hits that much harder. But then again they killed off Ned Stark in season 1 of Game of Thrones and that hit. So who knows.

Edit:

Just did a quick Google search and apparently season one will have 10 episodes. So roughly 10+ hours of content.

Definitely a lot of time there to get to the end possibly. For perspective from beginning to end Last of Us part 1 cutscenes equals out to about 5 hours. I would prefer if they stretch it out to at least two seasons though for part one.
I guess they could

Change the story so that the Fireflies "kidnap" Ellie or take her from Joel and that's the end of Season 1. So the beginning of Season 2 is Joel going to take her back. You can use that to tell the story of Abby and her dad like they did in Part 2 with those flashbacks

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I could see them covering the 1st game in season one then exploring the 5 years in between parts 1 and 2 to stretch the show out..

I guess they could do one season filling the gaps between the first and second game and introducing characters and motivations that play a big role in "Part 2". They would have to be careful though, throwing filler content out there would be running into problems too as it could get repetitive or lose the high stakes season 1 would present.

• Dap
Reactions: 904

Anton

All Star
Daps
my only concern was if Pedro Pascal can do a southern accent.. turns out he can

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I guess they could

Change the story so that the Fireflies "kidnap" Ellie or take her from Joel and that's the end of Season 1. So the beginning of Season 2 is Joel going to take her back. You can use that to tell the story of Abby and her dad like they did in Part 2 with those flashbacks
Maybe. I have faith in whatever they do. You have some of the best talent premium television has to offer involved in the crafting of the show.

I'm just hoping when and if they get to the Abby stuff with the wolves, scars, etc that they don't bytch out due to being afraid of reigniting all the hate they received back when they released the 2nd game. No matter what they do if they're going to be even remotely faithful to the game they're gonna receive Negativity from the anti woke crowd who go into watching any piece of media with a politically lensed pair of glasses on.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Fgk9hHwVQAUtuOo