'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Conz

Superstar
Daps
no game ties, so i thought that was just a very well done and well acted episode of tv. i've always perferred the more "hopeful" aspects of dystopian movies over shooting up zombie/savages etc. i don't know why, but seeing someone esentally plunder stores and set up a homestead in the apocalypse is always my favorite part of this type of movie/show. the start of the 2nd act "fun" type shyt. i'm a simple man, I prefer to fantacize about all the cans of Pringles i'd steal from the supermarket or finding an unoccupied liquor store or something over how i'd react to a horde of zombies coming at me.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Bill dying because he lost his purpose was basically what happened to Joel. They heavy handily showing us what he needs to do ultimately. Except we had to make an uturn into bussy town :russ: :russ: :russ: still the episode was fine for filler. They can't do the game straight forward it wouldn't work out over 9 separate hour long episodes. Joel still got the thing he received in the game, still got the emotional suicide punch we just minus the town and school bloater fight section.

Yeah, I haven’t played the game in a while but I kept thinking “I thought Bill was alive and had the whole damn town rigged and they ended up running into a school with a bloater”.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: I ain’t even about to act like this shyt is it.

Im starting to realize the developers at the time made that game pop, it definitely wasn’t Neil drunkman.
Neil didn’t write or direct this episode:mjlol:

I didn’t even particularly think much of the episode, certainly not deserving of the hype it was getting but the beef you guys have with Druckmann is hilarious. nikka will drop his plate in the kitchen and somehow blame Druckmann :laff:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't miss that at all

Shoulda made her a white woman. The games did horrible by the black characters, don't bring that into the show :mjpls:

Not sure if I would exactly use the word horrible because most of the Black characters do play vital roles, but they could stand to do better for sure.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Honestly love the way the show is doing this season
The people who played the game feel so comfortable because they know what's going to happen so adapting the story again especially since the last of us game is so incredibly story driven seems useless

The way they are doing the show now is expanding on things they could touch on during the game because of the limitations that games have as mediums

Now you got a solid background on characters were basically just footnotes in the game
Now you get more insight into the infection
Now you see more Tess and Joel together through flashbacks

Honestly my only knock on this game is how easy it is to adapt a story like the last of us
Most other games rely on the narrative being told through gameplay but with this game you could just watch the cutscenes and get the gist of the story all the same nothing lost

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Just had to force the agenda huh? Im not mad cause I know that’s part of the game but it just felt a little forced, very good acting but I guess when you are familiar with the source material it becomes more obvious when they start checking boxes. Mixed or Biracial Person? Check. Gay Person or Couple? Check… Now with that being said I think they did a good job of weaving it in with the story so I it meant a lil more when Joel/Elle made it there. Solid episode, but like someone mentioned you can basically watch the first 10 minutes and then the last ten minutes and get what you need out of this episode. And I also understand you can’t just have Joel and Elle walking around for a hour each episode so this helps switch the gears a little bit, but at least it sort of a one and done so really wasn’t anything I need to go back and rewatch. But this episode made it obvious that they going all in on this show and trying to secure those awards and make this their top show after Succession is done

Never Broke Again

Save stuff for the 2020 Posty's
Daps
Reppin
DC
Honestly love the way the show is doing this season
The people who played the game feel so comfortable because they know what's going to happen so adapting the story again especially since the last of us game is so incredibly story driven seems useless

The way they are doing the show now is expanding on things they could touch on during the game because of the limitations that games have as mediums

Now you got a solid background on characters were basically just footnotes in the game
Now you get more insight into the infection
Now you see more Tess and Joel together through flashbacks

Honestly my only knock on this game is how easy it is to adapt a story like the last of us
Most other games rely on the narrative being told through gameplay but with this game you could just watch the cutscenes and get the gist of the story all the same nothing lost

Solid background on characters doesn't matter one bit if they just completely rewrite the characters storyline

The main characters didn't even get to meet the guy. Wrap it up in 15 mins

waste of an episode

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
My issue with how they did this wasn't even the relationship between Bill and Frank. The problem for me was more about them crippling Bill's character and having him quit. It also makes less sense given the circumstances.

Bill is a survivalist to the core. He was ready for the world ending. That's represented well in this episode, it also was how he was depicted in the game. Now, I get the dynamic of showing Bill falling in love and his perspective changing... But idk, when you go the suicide route, like they did, it opens up other possibilities that weren't explored.

It makes sense for Joel and Ellie to just keep it pushing in the game because Bill is still alive and on high alert, and still about surviving. Now when you have Joel make it to Bill's house and he's dead. Would he be so fast to keep going West? He was literally ready to turn around in the last episode. Seemed like there should have been more internal conflict displayed here instead of it feeling like just another checkpoint.

Bill's situation was about as safe and secure as one could hope for. Hard seeing someone like Joel just looting that place and leaving so quickly.

:patrice:
I see what you're saying but Joel's goal is to get to his brother. He was only looking to turn around to get rid of Ellie and find another way to his brother.
I wonder if that who Troy Baker plays :lupe:
He's a member of David's crew so he's actually a bad guy. Ashley Johnson is going to play Ellie's mom Anna.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I think the disconnect with the romance for me came at the piano scene. I don't connect with music at all, but I think that's when Frank realized how much pain Bill was in and found it moving and wanted to show him some love.

But to me it just looked like a parasite finding a way to latch onto a host, so i was stone-faced for the next 60 minutes :pachaha: