The Last of Us 2 breaks record for most GOTY awards at 203!

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
That’s what they call entitlement. No one promised anyone anything but the fact that there’s a game coming out based on another game. It’s not a remake, its a brand new game.

Like, how is that a gripe? You still play as ellie for a majority of the game.
Additionally, what made them think Joel would be the main character of the game? Trailers clearly focused on Ellie. She’s the only one on the box art. I went into the game nearly blind and just naturally assumed Joel was probably gonna get axed early on.

I loved the game’s ending, too.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Additionally, what made them think Joel would be the main character of the game? Trailers clearly focused on Ellie. She’s the only one on the box art. I went into the game nearly blind and just naturally assumed Joel was probably gonna get axed early on.

I felt the same thing to the point I wasn't even shocked at how it happened. The second Abby was introduced I was like 'Oh, they looking to kill Joel'.

The problem with the narrative was entirely that they couldn't possibly redeem Abby to most players because they were so attached to Joel and Ellie. Within the scope of this game it just wasn't happening and they underestimated that.

That’s actually what made the first game's ending so brilliant because everyone understood Joel in that moment. And I think the only way they actually could have redeemed Abby was by putting way more emphasis on the consequences of Joel's actions rather than reduce that to flashbacks with Ellie and have Abby primarily motivated by revenge for a character nobody cares about.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

They said that Ellie and Abby were going to be playable characters. Some of the online speculations figured Joel's death was going to kick off the story of the game. I just figured Joel was going to die he was old and his story had been told in the first one.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They said that Ellie and Abby were going to be playable characters. Some of the online speculations figured Joel's death was going to kick off the story of the game. I just figured Joel was going to die he was old and his story had been told in the first one.
I don’t remember that? Abby was always supposed to be a surprise?

Unless you mean the leakers when you say “they”

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I don’t remember that? Abby was always supposed to be a surprise?

Unless you mean the leakers when you say “they”
They = Naughty Dog
They had the whole trailer with Abby and the Lev and Yara in the Seattle forest. ND said that Abby would be a playable character after they revealed the trailer.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Ah ok I must of missed that
Many people (myself included) were theorizing for months that Abby was Ellie's mom since the camera was focused on her stomach (trailer was a flashback). Knowing what we know now :mjlol:

ND were consistently trying to throw us of. Not fool us like some brehs are saying. Brehs should've been more mad there's no Factions 2. I know i was, and still am.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
1g1xebm1zbc61.jpg