The Last of Us 2 breaks record for most GOTY awards at 203!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The ending annoyed the shyt out of me. Ellie murders 100s of people, only to gain a conscience at the last moment? Clearly someone high up had a hard on for Abby and had shoe horn her in for a potential sequel. It’s not like I didn’t like her character, it just felt contrived on how they tried to draw parallels between her and Ellie.

this is a bad faith argument because it's commonly stated that any death that happens in-game, isn't canon. Realistically ellie killed like 4 people before she got to abby and she felt remorse about the last couple.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
A game inspired by feminist theory and LGBTQWQEADWWDADWD won an all media vote award...

How surprising...:heh:

Gaming news media continue to be an absolute joke, completely out of place with gamers...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
the problem with joel in the second game isn't the fact that he died as it is that his death didn't mean what the writers intended for it to mean

whether you empathize with joel or understand the consequences of his actions, its a fact that the majority of people have a connection with his and ellie's characters instead of abby, who was never introduced up until that point

killing joel wasn't the foundational mistake in the writing; the real issue is that the writers tried to establish the same connection with abby's character in half a game, after introducing her character brutally murdering son

the only way they could have done this is by being mad emotionally manipulative with the portrayal of abby's character; after introducing her as such a negatively charged character, she has to be portrayed as a genuine saint to force people to see her as relatable or worthy of empathy (her and her pops saving the zebra, her giving up her entire life to save some kids)

it comes off as mad inconsistent and choppy with her character and it has none of the nuance that joel and ellie did in the first game, which is why killing off joel is as divisive as it is; the pacing is really the worst part of the story, part 2 as it is right now should have been part 3 and part 2 should have been the introduction to abby's character

i never really get this into a video game but i respect what the writers were trying to do with the story, it was just rushed
All of this is spot on.

The story would have flowed much better if Abby was advertised as the main character in a story separate from Joel and Ellie's in the marketing leading to release.

She's really not a bad character, but the mistake was giving the players a reason to hate her before giving her side of the story. Abby's portion of the game should have been first, then have halfway through u learn about her connection to Joel and play as her up until she reaches Jacksonville. Then you switch to ellie and do the revenge plot.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All of this is spot on.

The story would have flowed much better if Abby was advertised as the main character in a story separate from Joel and Ellie's in the marketing leading to release.

She's really not a bad character, but the mistake was giving the players a reason to hate her before giving her side of the story. Abby's portion of the game should have been first, then have halfway through u learn about her connection to Joel and play as her up until she reaches Jacksonville. Then you switch to ellie and do the revenge plot.

would have ruined the game for me if they did it in that order.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
part 2 as it is right now should have been part 3 and part 2 should have been the introduction to abby's character

this isn’t a bad idea at all, but I’m not sure how they’d introduce Abby in part 2 without giving away who she is and what her motive is given her backstory with the fireflies, or if they instead don’t hide who she is and what her plan is for Joel, then there’s no way the game wouldn’t get just as much backlash for the game having a cliffhanger ending or just feeling like set up for a bigger narrative anyway.

I don’t think this particular story was rushed at all, I just think certain things could of been executed better, mainly the way she kills Joel, her brutally torturing someone with a golf club is inconsistent with her personality, she’s brutal...but not a monster, her struggling to pull the trigger but forcing herself to eventually kill a defenceless injured Joel with an execution style headshot would of done a lot more to push the “she’s not that bad” narrative that they were going for instead of the horribly beating him to death with a golf club

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of this is spot on.

I don’t think this works unless you make either Abby’s or Ellie’s portion different to what we got, certain things happen and don’t happen specifically because of the events that happen from Joel’s death..at that point you’re just talking about rewriting huge parts of the game entirely until you have a completely different game anyway

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don’t think this works unless you make either Abby’s or Ellie’s portion different to what we got, certain things happen and don’t happen specifically because of the events that happen from Joel’s death..at that point you’re just talking about rewriting huge parts of the game entirely until you have a completely different game anyway
I'd have no problem with rewriting Abby's portion of the game considering that her entire story arc is a long ass detour in an attempt to humanize her as a character

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They could’ve had all the events that took place be perfectly fine to most people if they didn’t do such a shyt job of writing it. Guarantee you he and that woman will not be given final say of the story ever again.
:yeshrug:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They could’ve had all the events that took place be perfectly fine to most people if they didn’t do such a shyt job of writing it. Guarantee you he and that woman will not be given final say of the story ever again.
:yeshrug:

he’s been promoted to co-president lol

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
he’s been promoted to co-president lol
The game was successful:yeshrug:
The biggest criticisms from the industry consumers was the writing. That was his call. Those two won’t be the only ones writing the story ever again. Even more so if he is president now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If the writing had been done in a new IP the same people criticizing it would love it.

The reason people hate it is because they had expectations for who they thought the characters from teh first game were supposed to be in the second game.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the writing had been done in a new IP the same people criticizing it would love it.

The reason people hate it is because they had expectations for who they thought the characters from teh first game were supposed to be in the second game.
“Ellie’s character was destroyed in this game” is another dumb af critism, these people really expected Grown Ellie to be the same joke book loving happy go lucky curious child from the first game after she was nearly raped by a psychopathic Cannibal and lied to by the person she trusted the most

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“Ellie’s character was destroyed in this game” is another dumb af critism, these people really expected Grown Ellie to be the same joke book loving happy go lucky curious child from the first game after she was nearly raped by a psychopathic Hannibal and lied to by the person she trusted the most

Also, I’m still laughing at the people who wanted joel to go out like wolverine or some shyt. “The joel i know would have SENSED something was wrong and got the drop on them like he did in the first game” :deadrose:

No your dad isn’t Superman, they got him

Daps
Don’t speak that shyt into existence.:ufdup:

The ending annoyed the shyt out of me. Ellie murders 100s of people, only to gain a conscience at the last moment? Clearly someone high up had a hard on for Abby and had shoe horn her in for a potential sequel. It’s not like I didn’t like her character, it just felt contrived on how they tried to draw parallels between her and Ellie.

The best way to describe the ending was like dating a fine broad for months. Never doing anything past kissing. She tells you tonight I’m gonna give you something special. You get to hers, she starts blowing you, eating your ass, sucking your balls. You pull out the rubber and she says “oh no, we can’t go that far. It’s against my religion.”:hhh:

bytch, after all that, now you have a moral conflict? The fukk was the point of all the foreplay if you weren’t gonna let me penetrate? Anti-climatic is an understatement.
The ride was better than the destination