The Last of Us 2 breaks record for most GOTY awards at 203!

Daps
People hate on the game just because they dont like what happened to Joel. If they do a PS5 remaster I’ll play through it again.
idk why people can't just accept divergent opinions on TLOU2
some people love it but some people thought it was alright or hate it
that's what Neil wanted his own words :yeshrug:
too bad he and Sony couldn't deal with the backlash

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
People hate on the game just because they dont like what happened to Joel. If they do a PS5 remaster I’ll play through it again.

i dont dislike it but it was a flawed game for a fact

a lot of the hate from what ive seen is on some political shyt, but theres a lot of genuine criticism for the stale gameplay and bad story

especially considering the first one was a much better written narrative

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
idk why people can't just accept divergent opinions on TLOU2
some people love it but some people thought it was alright or hate it
that's what Neil wanted his own words :yeshrug:
too bad he and Sony couldn't deal with the backlash

Naw, too bad he couldn’t deal with daily death threats and people photoshopping into into sex scenes and claiming he had ulterior motives for making a video game.

Don’t try and act like people weren’t Wylin out over this shyt for months cursing and threatening everyone on the dev team including the motion cap actors.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i dont dislike it but it was a flawed game for a fact

a lot of the hate from what ive seen is on some political shyt, but theres a lot of genuine criticism for the stale gameplay and bad story

especially considering the first one was a much better written narrative

See, how of all the things to criticize how can anyone say the gameplay is stale? It’s literally a complete improvement on the first games systems and people LOVE the first game still.

It still has the best stealth I’ve played outside of metal gear solid 5. The AI is good, the shooting is good, the melee is realistic (you can’t just charge through gun shots), the crafting is good....for the type of game this is, a linear stealth/action game...what else do you want?

Daps
Naw, too bad he couldn’t deal with daily death threats and people photoshopping into into sex scenes and claiming he had ulterior motives for making a video game.

Don’t try and act like people weren’t Wylin out over this shyt for months cursing and threatening everyone on the dev team including the motion cap actors.
Don't act like there wasn't a smear campaign against anyone who criticized the game either
Sending out DMCA strikes and asking reviewers "what did you mean?" after daring to write a less than 10/10 review about the game for example :mjlol:
Calling people incels, losers, etc.
It was a divisive game by design and Neil got what he wanted

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Don't act like there wasn't a smear campaign against anyone who criticized the game either
Sending out DMCA strikes and asking reviewers "what did you mean?" after daring to write a less than 10/10 review about the game for example :mjlol:
Calling people incels, losers, etc.
It was a divisive game by design and Neil got what he wanted

Well, the majority of people mad about the game were in fact incels/neckbeards...people were mad ever since those leaks came out and they thought a tranny killed their video game daddy.

If the main point of contention is the fact that ND is pushing alphabet agenda and anti-white male then yeah...throughout that entire summer it was very rare i heard legit complaints about the pacing, about plot decisions aside from joel, about the gameplay, or anything mechanically.

It was all the same shyt stemming from their dislike of abby and druckmann himself. It’s fairly easy to separate constructive criticism from simple trolling, people aren’t stupid.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
See, how of all the things to criticize how can anyone say the gameplay is stale? It’s literally a complete improvement on the first games systems and people LOVE the first game still.

It still has the best stealth I’ve played outside of metal gear solid 5. The AI is good, the shooting is good, the melee is realistic (you can’t just charge through gun shots), the crafting is good....for the type of game this is, a linear stealth/action game...what else do you want?

when i say stale i dont mean bad as much as i do uninspired and unnecessarily restrictive

it's most apparent when you see all shyt that's in the game that you could only use sparingly; the three or four rope puzzles in the game were crazy, physics on the rope were amazing and could have been fire to use as a grappling hook or in combat or some shyt...and you can't use it nearly as much as you should be able to

then its other stuff that's actually in the game that you just can't do, that would have easily added more variety to it: the explosive tripwire traps for the zombies that have been there since the first game, the hanging rope trap that ellie walked into at the end, and zombie chain traps at the end; all these things could have made the non-combat sections much more engaging instead of the regular naughty dog press triangle to loot and craft

the problem is that naughty dog's refusal to do anything really innovative with the gameplay of their games doesn't translate well as they try to make their stories longer and longer; the systems that they have in place are polished to the point where it's not a bad game, but it gets old mad quickly when all the encounters are more or less copies of each other with minimal variation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
when i say stale i dont mean bad as much as i do uninspired and unnecessarily restrictive

it's most apparent when you see all shyt that's in the game that you could only use sparingly; the three or four rope puzzles in the game were crazy, physics on the rope were amazing and could have been fire to use as a grappling hook or in combat or some shyt...and you can't use it nearly as much as you should be able to

then its other stuff that's actually in the game that you just can't do, that would have easily added more variety to it: the explosive tripwire traps for the zombies that have been there since the first game, the hanging rope trap that ellie walked into at the end, and zombie chain traps at the end; all these things could have made the non-combat sections much more engaging instead of the regular naughty dog press triangle to loot and craft

the problem is that naughty dog's refusal to do anything really innovative with the gameplay of their games doesn't translate well as they try to make their stories longer and longer; the systems that they have in place are polished to the point where it's not a bad game, but it gets old mad quickly when all the encounters are more or less copies of each other with minimal variation

I kinda see your point but it’s also a fairly grounded game. Although we have to suspend belief for the fact that ellie, abby, or even joel and tommy are like master marksmen and fighters and can take on small groups of armed civilians on their own.

Realistically there’s not much else they can do without getting into uncharted territory. How can a grappling hook be realistically utilized in a game like this for combat? The rope physics are cool but in combat? It doesn’t work.

Ellie had trap mines and molotoves.

This is my issue with a game like Indian jones though. The guy shoots, he has a whip, and he punches people...Outside of QuickTime/set pieces what more can realistically be done as far as combat?

That’s why a lot of these games are starting to blend together, Arkham, HZD, TLOU, UC4, Tomb Raider, AC, cause everyone kind of has the same set of abilities. I was thinking once upon a time how a daredevil game could be unique and then I started thinking about how so many games already give their protagonist daredevils powers right off the bat.

They have fast healing, they can see through walls using sound, they have perfect accuracy, they can see footprints left behind, scents, scale walls, jump 6ft in the air, master martial artists...theres no where left to go

The one thing these games need to work on and take more pride in is their enemy AI. That’s a the thing that primarily missing from video games. We are smart enough and powerful enough, but it’s not gonna matter if the enemies are too stupid to make it feel realistic.Z TLOU2 had great enemy AI, They called out to each other, flanked you, got more aggressive if you kill their friends or dogs, use unique commands (whistles) etc.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
I kinda see your point but it’s also a fairly grounded game. Although we have to suspend belief for the fact that ellie, abby, or even joel and tommy are like master marksmen and fighters and can take on small groups of armed civilians on their own.

Realistically there’s not much else they can do without getting into uncharted territory. How can a grappling hook be realistically utilized in a game like this for combat? The rope physics are cool but in combat? It doesn’t work.

Ellie had trap mines and molotoves.

This is my issue with a game like Indian jones though. The guy shoots, he has a whip, and he punches people...Outside of QuickTime/set pieces what more can realistically be done as far as combat?

That’s why a lot of these games are starting to blend together, Arkham, HZD, TLOU, UC4, Tomb Raider, AC, cause everyone kind of has the same set of abilities. I was thinking once upon a time how a daredevil game could be unique and then I started thinking about how so many games already give their protagonist daredevils powers right off the bat.

They have fast healing, they can see through walls using sound, they have perfect accuracy, they can see footprints left behind, scents, scale walls, jump 6ft in the air, master martial artists...theres no where left to go

The one thing these games need to work on and take more pride in is their enemy AI. That’s a the thing that primarily missing from video games. We are smart enough and powerful enough, but it’s not gonna matter if the enemies are too stupid to make it feel realistic.Z TLOU2 had great enemy AI, They called out to each other, flanked you, got more aggressive if you kill their friends or dogs, use unique commands (whistles) etc.

that's a fact, its just not a lot of innovation in general and its hard to make these ultra realistic shooting games feel different from each other without doing some out of pocket shyt

it's mad apparent for naughty dog especially when they try to extend out their pocket of 15-20 hours games and do something like part 2, because the repetition really starts to set in around halfway through the game when you expect to be done with it and you have another 15 hours of the same timing

the other biggest difference between part 2 and part 1 is that part 2 removed a lot of the puzzles and interesting design in part 1 that separated the combat from the narrative, while still keeping that empty space; there was nothing like the sections were you had to find the wood to push ellie across the water, very few ladder puzzles, but mad fake open world sections of just talking

it was like if you weren't fighting in part 2 you were doing some tedious walking or in a cutscene, it really felt like they got lost as to whether they wanted to make a movie or a game at some points

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the other biggest difference between part 2 and part 1 is that part 2 removed a lot of the puzzles and interesting design in part 1 that separated the combat from the narrative, while still keeping that empty space; there was nothing like the sections were you had to find the wood to push ellie across the water, very few ladder puzzles, but mad fake open world sections of just talking

I mean theres plenty of dumpster pushing in part 2 lol... I actually found some of the rope puzzles way more interesting than some of the stuff in part 1. I do wish there was more of it though]

Daps
Well, the majority of people mad about the game were in fact incels/neckbeards...people were mad ever since those leaks came out and they thought a tranny killed their video game daddy.

If the main point of contention is the fact that ND is pushing alphabet agenda and anti-white male then yeah...throughout that entire summer it was very rare i heard legit complaints about the pacing, about plot decisions aside from joel, about the gameplay, or anything mechanically.

It was all the same shyt stemming from their dislike of abby and druckmann himself. It’s fairly easy to separate constructive criticism from simple trolling, people aren’t stupid.
great generalization
yes there were some idiots complaining about lgbtq and woke this but a good amount of people had problems with the execution of the story and forcing game elements on them

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I been holding off that PS5 replay for 60 frames. Hurry the fukk up ND, I need this absolute piff again, even better:what: