The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (May 24, 2024) (First teaser released!)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not sure how the general audience ginna recieve this. Will they buy into the world they trying to build? Or will it flop because the lack of catching bodies, replaced by emotional drama?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
lpgavmwn8vwc1.jpeg

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Saw this last night at a special IMAX preview event. Very solid for the most part and I am someone who really enjoys the Apes movies (except the Wahlberg one)

Definitely curious about
what Noa saw in the telescope and if the movie takes place on another planet or if May is an astronaut that got lost in time

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Saw this last night at a special IMAX preview event. Very solid for the most part and I am someone who really enjoys the Apes movies (except the Wahlberg one)

Definitely curious about
what Noa saw in the telescope and if the movie takes place on another planet or if May is an astronaut that got lost in time
wondered that too lol i thought

they'd show the earth or some shyt but it fades out instead

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Got my tickets. I doubt I’ll drop an in-depth review but say if it’s on par or better than War or Dawn. If not at least surpassing Rise I’ll be quite disappointed

I'm saying it surpassed Rise but Rise had better pacing

It doesn't have that No! moment from Rise but what other movie does really? For me, the pacing was an issue mainly cos the action was quite good but felt as though it lacked momentum. The manhunt scene taken from the OG is a good example of this, it was well executed but the audience could have been a bit more hyped going into it. It ain't the Koba rampage from Dawn, I'll tell you

The deconstruction of the world was fascinating. The shadow of Caesar runs long but nobody understands what it means, real Ozymandias vibes there

They really had a gay orangutan and then killed him off :dead:

Last, the JBO breh in me was feeling Mae in her mudslick Tomb raider get up even with her dirty ass feet too:mjlit:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm saying it surpassed Rise but Rise had better pacing

It doesn't have that No! moment from Rise but what other movie does really? For me, the pacing was an issue mainly cos the action was quite good but felt as though it lacked momentum. The manhunt scene taken from the OG is a good example of this, it was well executed but the audience could have been a bit more hyped going into it. It ain't the Koba rampage from Dawn, I'll tell you

The deconstruction of the world was fascinating. The shadow of Caesar runs long but nobody understands what it means, real Ozymandias vibes there

They really had a gay orangutan and then killed him off :dead:

Last, the JBO breh in me was feeling Mae in her mudslick Tomb raider get up even with her dirty ass feet too:mjlit:
what did he say to indicate he was gay. I must not been paying attention

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was dope. Solid follow-up to the Caesar trilogy and sets up the foundation well enough for the next entries. Noah is easy to rally behind but Caesar really is the Tony Stark of this Ape shyt, man. The way they talk about my boy, his legacy, in this. :wow:

I did find myself engaged more in the ape vs. ape dynamic here. The story is headed towards one where the human race is fighting for control again and while it’s a riveting plot point, I thought Dawn already handled that conflict between the two to perfection. I was kinda fukkin’ with the beef between the ape clans. I’m sure there’s more that they can explore there.

Thought Wes did his thing. There were some shots in this that had me stoked for his Zelda adaptation, whenever that drops. I was skeptical on how he’ll do because Reeves is simply that dude as a filmmaker and having to follow-up from his efforts would be a momentous task for most, but this turned out just fine.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
This was dope. Solid follow-up to the Caesar trilogy and sets up the foundation well enough for the next entries. Noah is easy to rally behind but Caesar really is the Tony Stark of this Ape shyt, man. The way they talk about my boy, his legacy, in this. :wow:

I did find myself engaged more in the ape vs. ape dynamic here. The story is headed towards one where the human race is fighting for control again and while it’s a riveting plot point, I thought Dawn already handled that conflict between the two to perfection. I was kinda fukkin’ with the beef between the ape clans. I’m sure there’s more that they can explore there.

Thought Wes did his thing. There were some shots in this that had me stoked for his Zelda adaptation, whenever that drops. I was skeptical on how he’ll do because Reeves is simply that dude as a filmmaker and having to follow-up from his efforts would be a momentous task for most, but this turned out just fine.
he doing zelda?

now im not as worried...

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"He was... my village." I understand that's open to interpretation but my friend mentioned the gay thing and the way Hollywood is, I just supposed she was probably right
Interesting, I didn't interpret it that way at all, I just assumed he meant he lived with one other ape while Noa lived with a bunch. But I have seen other people call him the gay orangutan also, so it's not just you. Doesn't bother me either way but I know some people will freak out about a gay primate. Anyway it pissed me off a little when he died, he was an interesting character.